|88| Summer 1977 - Part III

They took turns for the zipline, some of them went again and again.

Riley let go of the handle, falling right into the freezing lake. It felt good, she had always loved the water. Whether it was a lake or a sea, or even a good bath.

She swam to the surface. Marlene and Dorcas were trying to push one another down, they seemed to be having the time of their lives. James, Peter, and Sirius were having a water fight, Mary was lying down on the ground right next to the lake.

"Lily!" shouted James and Marlene at the same time. "Come on!"

"No!" said Lily. She was standing in front of the zipline, trying to decide on whether she should go or not. "I don't think it's safe."

"We all went, it's one hundred percent safe!" reassured Sirius. "I remember my parents forcing us to take swimming lessons when Regulus and I were little. Reg refused, he never really learned how to. But I actually liked it, I think it's the only thing I will thank my parents for."

"Lily!" shouted Riley. "Come on!"

"I'm scared of heights!" she said back. "I — I don't think I can."

"Then let me go first," said Remus as he rolled his eyes. He was right behind Lily, waiting for her to go.

"No!" said Lily.

"Okay, imagine. Just really hold on to it but don't push yourself off, and close your eyes," said Remus. Lily closed her eyes and then held onto the handle strongly. Remus then quickly pushed her from the back, causing the zipline to move forward and take Lily. Lily glided towards the lake, she shouted curses to Remus. He just laughed as he watched her go.

"Remus! I'll kill you!" she screamed as she fell into the lake. Remus continued laughing as he took the handle himself and zoomed down to the lake.

***

Remus was the last to sit around a bonfire. Marlene gave Dorcas the marshmallow she was holding to the fire. Dorcas smiled at her sweetly as she put her head on her shoulder.

Riley sat next to Lily. Riley's hair was still wet from the lake, it was getting frizzy. But the place was so peaceful. Nobody else was there, the weather was warm but the wind was blowing slowly.

"We should've done summer plans earlier," said James. "It really was amazing."

"Live in the moment, Potter," said Lily smilingly.

"All right, announcement time!" said Marlene suddenly. Dorcas raised an eyebrow. Riley's eyes widened, she knew exactly what was happening.

"Marlene — no," Dorcas said nervously.

"We agreed on this, Dorcas!" said Marlene. "Remember? Last night?"

"Agreed on what?" asked James curiously.

"You killed someone and you need to hide the body so you need help from me?" asked Remus. "I can help you with that."

"Let them speak..." said Riley smilingly. "Go on, Marls."

"Riley, why don't you shut up?" said Dorcas with a nervous smile.

"What the hell is going on?" asked Mary.

"Dorcas, we have to do this, we have to tell them," said Marlene softly. Dorcas nodded slowly.

"You're talking like you two are dating or somethin'," said Peter as he laughed. Marlene and Dorcas exchanged glances, they didn't say anything. Peter's eyes widened and he gasped. "Oh shit, you are dating each other..."