Training For The Fight/Ch.8

{Prompt Below}

After coming to a bit of an understanding with Rias in regards to the things she's done wrong, Lilith decides to help train her along with Akeno, Kiba, and unfortunately Issei as well.

What could possibly go wrong?

-=That One Mansion=-

Lilith POV

Inhaling the crisp morning air is no doubt relaxing and gives me a moment of calm as I wait at the top of a large hill for Rias and her peerage. She had told me that the first thing she wanted to train was endurance and therefore decided to walk up the incline with various weights attached to their backs.

This was the first of a few exercises that Rias had apparently already planned to do to strengthen everyone so I just let them roll with it for now since there was still plenty of time to put them through some hellish training from me.

Of course, since Koneko decided to join the training, I wouldn't make it too bad but if they want to at least not embarrass themselves in this rating game then I can't be too soft on them overall.

They just needed to become strong enough to at least put up a good fight against Riser and his peerage, not necessarily win.

When I had questioned Rias a bit more on the details of Risers peerage, I learned that he had all fifteen pieces in his peerage so immediately there was a large number difference.

With Rias now only having Akeno, Kiba, and that pervert on her side, that means that each person in her peerage would need to take out 5 on Riser's.

To put it bluntly.....that wasn't happening

*Thump*

The loud sudden thump breaks me out of my thoughts and brings my gaze in front of me to see that Koneko had reached the top first despite having the most weight by a large margin.

'Looks like she is already drawing from the power I gave her' I thought to myself in realization.

Focusing more on her face, I realize that after setting her weights down, she was now sorta side-eyeing me as if she was waiting for me to do something.

'Ah I know' I thought with a smile

Reaching forward with my right hand out, I quickly make contact with her very soft head and begin to give her the sacred head pats.

She leans into my hand a bit and I swear I heard a purr but she quickly pulled away at the same time so I wasn't sure.

"Good job making it up first Koneko," I said with a proud look.

"Thank you Lilith!" She exclaims with a big smile present. "I was slightly worried at first that I would lose the strength the rook piece gave me but your energy feels like it does way better!"

"I'm glad that's the case," I replied

"Me too," She said with another relieved sigh before her eyes shot up to me with the promise of another question. "If it's not too pushy, can I know where Raynare and Sofie are? It's just that you all seemed pretty close so I assumed they would have come along with you to this training camp."

"Well, you see....."

My cheeks flare-up in embarrassment as I remember the interaction I had with Ray and Ophis after I told them I would be gone for a few days.

-Flashback-

"What do you mean you'll be gone for ten days, my mate?" Ophis asked me with her trademark devasting pout present on her face. "I don't like that at all."