A Hurt Angel/Ch.3

{Prompt Below}

Lilith just got sent back to her house via Ophis's portals and soon finds some odd black feathers and blood droplets leading to her bedroom door. She quickly goes to investigate the strange oddities, but when she opens the bedroom door and looks inside, she sees something that she really wasn't expecting.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lilith POV

-=Lilith's House=-

I thought I was going to get a little break from the 'excitement' after all of that crap with devils, but I guess the universe had other plans. I say that because as I slowly opened the door to my room which should've been empty, my eyes met the huddled figure of a girl on my bed. She was wearing some very interesting clothes but my eyes were more drawn to the large black feathered wings coming out of her back. She was also very obviously wounded, as proven by the large gash on her side that was letting out a decent amount of blood onto the sheets. I winced at that but decided quickly that this person's well-being was far more important than some bedsheets.

The girl must have heard the slight creaking of the door opening because her eyes quickly shot up at me in the next moment with a look of pure unbridled fear. I was going to ask her what was going on but the words building in my throat were cut off by a shrill scream as the winged girl backed into my bed even further while holding out a pillow in front of her like some sort of shield. The girl looked absolutely terrified of me at that moment and it only made me feel worse as I heard the next words come out of her mouth.

"P-Please don't h-hurt me! I don't wanna die!" She said tearfully while closing her eyes as if she was waiting for some sort of blow.

My heart just broke a little when I saw this display by her so I began to step forward into the room and towards the bed in hopes of helping her. As I approached though, her whole body seemed to shrink in fear every time one of my feet hit the floor. After a brief moment, I was now standing next to the bed and close enough to see that she was actually shivering.

Seeing how scared she actually was up close, I decided that I'd need to give her some comfort so that she would know that I meant her no harm. Casting the thought of getting blood on me aside, I quickly sit up on the bed and pull her whole upper body into my chest with a warm embrace. At that moment, I tried to give to her the warmth and comfort that I always got from hugs and it seemed to work marvels as proven by the shuddering from her slowing down before then coming to a complete stop.

I feel her arms hesitantly raise up my back before she then very slowly returns the embrace. She seems to wait for a few seconds before then tightening her arms to an actual hug and crying even harder than before; although this time it was tears of relief rather than fear. We continued this hugging session that she very clearly needed for a few minutes longer before her tears eventually stopped and she let go of me.

Our eyes meet and I can tell from a glance that this girl has full hope in me at this moment. Whatever happened to her has caused her to be so afraid that she latched onto and put her faith into me, a total stranger, to feel secure and safe. No doubt the wound has-

The wound!

I quickly break eye contact to look at the gash I had previously seen and see that it is still bleeding a decent amount. Not giving it much thought, I lowered my hand down onto her stomach wound, ignoring the loud 'Eep!' that comes out of the girl's mouth, and start building up the magic I would need to cast [The Innocents Mercy].