𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
winter 1979,
thank you for
being my brother
╚═══════════════╝

Tension had risen between Aimee and Regulus, Kreacher had given them the Horcrux as Walburga had nearly stumbled upon it. However, the dark magic that purged the locket had caused many fights between them, she was almost on the verge of leaving with the girls, they didn't need to be around all that, Regulus eyed her robes, hating how they looked like rags.

"Don't you have any other robes, that looks old and tacky,"

"Yes, I just like wearing this one," she said,

"Alright, it actually reminds me of the robes you wore when you were...," he trailed off thinking for a minute

"When I was what?" she asked thinking she hadn't heard him

"Are you pregnant?"

"No," she said, avoiding facing him,

"You are aren't you, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you wouldn't have let me go with you,"

"Yes, I wouldn't what were you thinking," he argued

"I was thinking about you-

"Don't bullshit me, Aimee, you don't care about me, it's Sirius it's always been Sirius," he stormed away from her.

"Take it off!" she yelled, holding her hand out to him, he roughly took the locket from around his neck, handing it to her she put the locket in her pocket

"I'm sorry, you know I didn't mean-" she held her hand up to stop him talking.

"If I didn't go with you, you would be dead now, I have always treated you as more than a friend, you mean just as much to me as my brothers do, and you know how much I love them," she wiped a tear that rolled down her cheek.

"I don't know what say,"

"I loved you through everything and sometimes I think you don't even care,"

"I love you too, I stopped being me such a long time ago, when I see a photo of myself, and I can't remember who that person was," he admitted.

"Even if you don't feel like you do, you'll always have Sirius and me, he doesn't blame you," she kissed his cheek.

After a few hours, the tension died down a little, she laid on the sofa peacefully asleep, Regulus had no idea how far along she was. Aimee never took the robe off even when she slept, he spotted the chain of the locket, just slightly dangling out of her pocket he took the locket.

He carefully crept past the twins laid asleep in the crib, he stood outside, holding his ring up to his mouth the ring lit up. 'Kreacher, I need your help,' he mumbled into the ring. Within twenty minutes Kreacher appeared in front of him, he seemed in better shape, though he still looked worn out from housework he had to do.

"Yes, master?" he questioned

"I need you to hide this, and if possible find a way to destroy,"

"Master can't destroy it?"

"We've tried every spell we could think of nothing's working," he explained, "the dark magic it's not healthy to be around, don't keep it with you or more than a couple of hours,"

"Kreacher will try his best for Master Regulus and Miss Aimee," he apparates away, just before he went inside he lifted his ring to his mouth again.

"Sirius, thank you for being my brother," he said, hoping that Sirius would believe it to be a dream as it was nearly 3:30 in the morning.

***

Sirius' eyes snapped open, he could have sworn he heard his brother's voice, he looked at the time on his clock. 3:45 am. 'Another night and no sleep,' he had dreamt about Aimee and Regulus many times before. He had dreamt about their future together, only feeling hurt when he knew it wasn't possible now.

"You alright?" Remus said, he nodded

"What are you doing up?"

"Full moon's in a few days,"

"Oh yeah, I forgot you don't sleep much when it's near,"

"Another dream about Aimee?"

"No this time it was Reg, he thanked me for being his brother," he said,

"If they were here right now, what would you say to them," Remus asked, he creased his brows

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"It's just a way clear your conscience, give it a try,"

"I'd tell Reg that I'm sorry, for leaving him, I should have never left there, then maybe he wouldn't have become a death eater, he'd still be here now," he took a deep breath, "first thing I'd do is kiss Aimee then apologise for every time I caused an argument between us, she was always right most times," he chuckled

"Feel a little better,"

"Yeah, I know they can't hear me, but saying it out loud does feel better,"

"It will get easier,"

"Yeah, I know, do you know what I'm most angry about," Remus shook his head, "I was going to propose to Aimee on our anniversary, now I'd love nothing more than for her to know, I wanted to marry her,"

"She would have happily said yes, I'm sure of it,"

"Thanks, Moony, I don't know what I would have done on my own,"

"We all need each other in these times, try and get some sleep,"

The possibility of having another dream was likely, he needed sleep if Dumbledore was ever going to let him continue working for the Order. Dumbledore insisted that he stay home until he had properly come to terms with his girlfriend and his brother's death.

Girlfriend? The word didn't feel right to him, Aimee should have been more than his girlfriend. She should have died as Aimee Black, his wife.