𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

╔═══════════════╗
seventh year,
what's a cousin?
╚═══════════════╝

After receiving a letter from Jacob asking to meet her at the Hog's Head in Hogsmeade, she thought this could be her chance to tell her brothers that she was pregnant. Aimee turned over in bed, snuggling closer to Sirius, he had stayed with her every night.

She had told him many times before that she would be fine for one night on her own. Though he didn't want to leave her side, Sirius was glad that had told Regulus and hoped that with time, he could look past his death eater title.

He hoped that his brother could have the same loving relationship that Aimee had with her nephew. He hadn't asked her how they reacted to the news, he was sure that she would have told them by now.

"I thought we were going to stay in bed all day," he groaned as she stood up to get dressed, he watched as she changed, he frowned once she put the robe on which concealed her bump. "Do you have to wear that robe?"

"Yes, I don't want to be stared at or be the cause of whispers around Hogwarts,"

"I understand," he sighed, getting out of bed to get dressed, "So what do you want to do today we could go to the lake?"

"I was going to meet my brothers today, and tell them,"

"You haven't told them yet?" Sirius asked, he thought Daniel would have at least been the first to know.

"Nope, I've waited for the right time," she told him,

"Shall I come with you?" he asked, she nodded

Aimee's bump was significantly large, she had to wear the robe at all times to avoid too many eyes staring. She had been advised by Madam Pomfrey to only perform magic when it was necessary, a few of her professors have excused her from participating in some lessons.

Sirius held the door open for her, the robe only cast an illusion, she still felt everything all aches and pains. As they took a gentle stroll to Hogsmeade, he could sense how anxious she was, the closer they got to the Hogs Head, her grip tightened.

"Hey, you're going to be okay," he smiled at her

"It not that, I don't want them to get mad at you,"

"I'm responsible for you, I have been ever since you moved in me, If they start to get a little mad, let me deal with it, alright?" she nodded.

She took a deep breath, he held her hand, lightly kissing her forehead. He opened the door for her, she was immediately called over to a table, where Theo, Jacob and Daniel sat, they even brought Ethan with them, he hopped off his dad's knee upon seeing her and Sirius.

"Auntie Aimee, I hurt my knee outside," he ran up to them,

"Did it hurt a lot?" she asked

"Just this much," he said, pinching his finger's together. He held her hand as they walked back to the table.

"Mummy didn't come she at home with baby,"

"Baby? She's had her?"

"Yes, I did want to tell you myself," Jacob sat sitting Ethan on his lap, "We called her Laura Aimee Burke,"

"That's perfect, after her mum and me," she smiled sitting down, Sirius sat with her,

"So, what did you want to tell us?" Theo asked, she looked at Sirius, he smiled at her, resting his hand on hers.

"Me and Sirius are having twins," she was more concerned by their surprise silence.

"Congratulations," Daniel said, hugging her, to avoid the awkward silence that was creeping upon them.

"Erm, how long have you known?" Theo asked

"Just over two months," Sirius answered, she took her robe off, they smiled at her.

"Is there a baby in there too?" Ethan asked his dad

"Yes, you're going to have a cousin," Jacob told him,

"Yay," he said, clapping his hands, though he quickly stopped and asked, "What's a cousin?"

"I'll tell you later,"

"Theo, what do you think?" she asked shocked he didn't cause a scene.

"I think going to have your hands full, you remember how much trouble Jake and I were?"

"I think we're going to be fine," Sirius said, holding her hand, he turning smiling at her, "Won't we?"

"Yes, it's going to be an adventure,"

"Well, you seem like you're in good spirits," Jacob said, he sighed as Ethan kept pulling on his jacket "what do you want?"

"I want some sweeties,"

"I'll take you if it's alright with your dad," Sirius said,

"Please," Ethan begged,

"Yeah will you get a box of cauldron cakes while you're going,"

"Sure, come on," Sirius held his hand out to the small child, Ethan held his hand walking out of the pub to the Honeyduke's sweet store.

"See he's good with kids," Aimee commented

"Yes, but Ethan isn't yours, if you can't tell I'm stressed out," Jacob said

"Kids never behave for their parents, you could be the best parents in the world, your child will still be a pain in the ass," Theo added

"Well thank you, that's very reassuring,"

"They didn't mean it like that," Danny said, smiling at her, "it's going to be hard, first-time parent of twins, it's won't easy,"

"I know, but we have a good group of friends and I have you, to help if we need it,"

"I'll tell you one thing, you'll find out who your real friends are, once you have child things change," Jacob began, he sighed, "Laura used to have a big group of friends, and Ethan doesn't know any of them, they were all there in the beginning, but they drifted away,"

"That's not going to happen with us,"

"And we hope it doesn't, if you can find friends, are going to stick with you throughout all of it, even after they're born, then you have truly amazing people around you,"

"Daddy, I had a horrible sweet," Ethan said, running back to them, Sirius not far behind him, he handed Jacob the cakes and Ethan's sweets.

"You didn't have to get him that many,"

"He chose them,"

"I don't like them ones," he pointed to a box.

"Ahh, Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans," Jacob carefully picked out a red one, taking a small bite, "you'll like this one," he handed him the rest.

"Strawberry!"

Aimee held Sirius' hand, he kissed her cheek as he sat down beside her. Daniel smiled at them, he could tell that they were excited and didn't want his older brothers to ruin that for them. He kept a close eye on them, he knew that had good intentions, but probably approached the situation a little harshly.