𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑶𝒏𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1972
╚═══════════════╝

Arriving home was the beginning of a miserable summer. The silence that came with her parents was unbearable, he knew they wouldn't be home for long, they never were. Her father would always be away on business trips, while Aimee's mother stayed home usually to keep a close eye on her.

She would often take advantage of this, using the time to sneak around her father office. This often worked for her benefit, as she would always know her mother's plans. However, this involved breaking into her father's study, while her mother was busy, she waited for her mother to head downstairs.

Aimee crept down the corridor, glancing down the staircase, checking that her mother wasn't monitoring her. She carefully opened the door to her father's study, she closed the quietly behind her. She rummaged through some of the files, not seeing anything regarding his recent business trips.

She slumped in her father's chair, glancing around the room, 'there had to have been something in here' she thought. Her eyes fell to a crumpled letter that had been thrown in the bin beside her father's desk, the letter was addressed to her mother not her father.

Mrs Elizabeth Burke,

I'm pleased to hear from you, though it has been 12 months since you last contacted me. I sincerely hope that you haven't any doubts regarding the task at hand. The news of your daughter has me intrigued. To what do you wish to offer me with your information?

I am most anxious to meet young Aimee Burke, and what talent she can offer to my cause.

D.L.

"D.L?" Aimee questioned

'Why was a letter addressed to mother in father's office?' she read over the letter again to try and work out what her mother could possibly be up to. 'Did father know what mother was doing and hid the letter from her?'

"Aimee!" her mother shouted, she threw the letter back into the bin hoping her father wouldn't notice it being moved, she hurtled out of the study, racing to the landing.

"You have a visitor," Aimee creased her brows, walking downstairs, wondering who it could be. It couldn't be D.L? Surely her mother wouldn't invite that person to their home.

"Hi, Aimee,"

"Reg," she wrapped her arms around him, he hugged her back "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I don't get to see you often so I thought I'd drop by," he told her, she smiled at him.

"Come on, I'll show you around," gesturing for him to follow her,

He gazed around the Burke family home, the interior was drastically different to his home, Grimmauld Place was dark filled with black and green furniture, except Sirius' room he filled his room with red and gold banners and muggle posters. It was the reason no one was allowed in his room.

The Burke's home, was light with many silver old antique furniture, passed down through the Burke family, what things Mrs Burke had inherited didn't fit with Mr Burke's family heirlooms. Though she was very proud of her ancestry, she gifted all her heirlooms to her two brothers.

"This is my favourite room," she said, showing him a big spacious room, with bookcases filled with books of all varieties though her muggles books were kept hidden away in her room.

"Cool a piano, do you play?" he asked, she shook her head

"No, I tried to learn but I'm not good," Aimee told him, he sat down at the piano, playing a small piece for her,

Fixing Old Traditions | 𝘚𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘶𝘴 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें