𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
seventh year,
apparition
╚═══════════════╝

With only two days until Christmas break, Aimee had made arrangements to take her apparition test, after she felt confident enough after the few classes she had taken. She knew that apparition was a great way to travel as well as being one of the ways she could travel without feeling sick, as she did with portkeys. Then she could travel anywhere with freedom and absolute precision

She waited for her turn, Sirius was just before her. He had perked up a lot since he discovered his brother's new status. It was almost as though he had dreamt what Aimee told him about Regulus. He smiled at her as he walked into the great hall for his apparition test, she took a deep breath desperately wanting to pass.

"Miss Aimee Elizabeth Burke," the wizard in charge of the apparition test gestured for her to step inside the room, she sat down.

"Alright, Miss Burke, you are seventeen is that correct?"

"Yes, sir,"

"And you have taken the appropriate classes in preparation for your apparition test?" she nodded

"Are you aware of splinching if apparating incorrectly?" he asked

"Yes,"

"Alright, if I may stand you here," he positioned her at a line, "you're going to focus and attempt to apparate into the blue hoops closest first, with the distance gradually getting further," he explained,

"Do you understand?" she nodded, "not everyone manages to get every hoop, though we require a minimum of 7 out 10 to successfully pass."

"That seems simple enough,"

"If you paid attention in your lessons, you should get at least 8 hoops," she took a deep breath, "whenever you're ready, Miss Burke,"

She eyed the first hoop, focusing all her energy on the hoop, she successfully made the first 3 hoops, just 2 inches, out of the 4th hoop. She managed to make the next 4 hoops, missed the one after. She needed to make this last one, she focus her mind, apparating into the last hoop.

"Congratulations, Miss Burke, you will receive your certificate and license by owl post in a few days, please wait until then to apparate, outside of school grounds." she smiled brightly hurrying out of the great hall, Sirius waited for her, she raced towards him jumping into his arms.

"No more sickness for me,"

"That's great, no more floo network for us then,"

"Yes, but I still want to have the floo network there, it'll be easier for Jacob with Ethan,"

"I suppose," he smirked, leaning down to kiss her "I just wouldn't want any unwelcome visitors,"

***

The last breakfast before they had to board the train seemed different somehow. Aimee took the time to fully take in the aesthetic of the Great Hall at Christmas. The huge Christmas tree, the delicious Christmas dinners, all the festive songs that would be sung loudly for everyone to hear. It dawned on her that this would be the last year time she would see Hogwarts like this.

"You alright," Sirius asked, nodded her head smiling at him, "are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm just going to sit with Evan and Reg for a moment,"

"Alright, I'm going to the owlery to see if our Apparition license came,"

"Ok I'll meet you there," she kissed him, before leaving the Gryffindor table walking across the hall towards the Slytherin table she smiled at Dorcas and Marlene who sat at the Ravenclaw table.

Aimee sat next to Evan, he offered her a small smile, while still holding up his conversation with Regulus. She remained silent for a moment trying to think of something to say to both of them, Regulus flicked his eyes over to the Gryffindor table.

"He isn't mad at you," she said, prompting Reg to turn and look at her, "he doesn't want to say something stupid so he thinks avoiding you is the best way to do that," he nodded

"I'd understand if he was angry, I just don't want him to think I hate him,"

"I'm more than positive he doesn't believe that" she held his hand, softly smiling at him, he wrapped his arms around her, knowing that he could always count on her if he need to.

As everyone left to board the train, she informed Sirius that she was going to sit with Reg. There were things she needed to get out to both him and Evan. He brushed her hair behind her ear, lightly kissing her cheek, he slipped a letter into her hand, she smiled excitedly opening the letter, revealing her apparition license.

As she boarded the train, she sat awkwardly between Evan and Regulus. Although there was very little talking as the three of them didn't know what to say to each other, she and Evan hadn't spoken since he admitted his feelings.

The only thing she could think to tell them was of her nephew, and how cute Sirius was with him. Which only made him more attractive seeing him with her nephew. She took her photo album out of her bag, flipping through the photos. They smiled as there were pictures of the three of Slytherins together too.

In fact, there were more Slytherins in her photo album than they believed, pictures of Aimee when Andromeda graduated. Pictures of Narcissa, Helene and Rebekah, with Aimee being teased for being the shortest. One that surprised them the most was Lucius and Aimee laughing together.

"This one is so adorable, look, Ethan fell asleep with Sirius," Regulus chuckled

"Why does he actually look like a dad?" he commented,

"I know, I thought that too, you should see this one, from Ethan's 1st birthday,"

She showed them a picture of Aimee holding Ethan, with Sirius wrapping his arm around them both, Regulus saw how his brother looked at Aimee like she was his whole world. It was the happiest he had ever seen Sirius when he was with her.

She left the train, meeting Sirius on the platform, he held her hand, as the pair apparated to their home. They both stood amazed that they managed to accurately land outside their home. He wrapped his arms from behind her, resting his chin on her shoulder, kissing her cheek

"Welcome home,"