𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑶𝒏𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
fourth year,
regulus, the protection
╚═══════════════╝

Rumours of the relationship were becoming known by many around the school, Sirius often had his arm around her waist or over her shoulder. Kissing her tenderly when they parted ways to sit at their individual house table.

Sirius would flash her flirty glance from across the hall, making the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws tables in between uncomfortable. That is unless Dorcas flirted back at him to make him uncomfortable, he would keep an extra close eye on Avery, he already got to Aimee once.

"How can Regulus be friends with them after what they did to Aimee?" he questioned

"Maybe he doesn't know," Peter said

"How can he not know, Aimee tells him everything,"

"They're Regulus friends, maybe she didn't want to upset him," Remus said,

"How can she upset him?" James questioned

"I don't know, I just know she doesn't like hurt anyone's feelings,"

"Well, I might push him in the direction that he'll come to the conclusion himself," Sirius explained, he noticed that Regulus was leaving the Great Hall. "see you later,"

He rushed out of the great hall, drawing Aimee's attention, though she turned her attention back to Evan and the conversation they were having. As Sirius caught up with Regulus, he grabbed his robe halting his stride.

"Get off, you're going to ruin my robe,"

"Alright,  Mr perfectionist," Regulus rolled his eyes at him, "question, how did Aimee say she got cut under her eye?"

"She said, it was a spell gone wrong in class," Sirius nodded

"Alright, well do you want the truth?"

"Are you saying she lied to me,"

"Yes," he paused, "yes I am,"

"Well, what happened then?"

"I don't know what lead to it, but I'd have a word with your friend Avery," he smirked at him, before heading back to the Great Hall, he bumped into Aimee on her way out.

"Sorry, I didn't see you," she said, chuckling as they both moved in the same direction, blocking their path. "I was actually looking for you, I need to talk to you but not here," flicking her eyes to the left, glanced down the hall seeing Amycus and Alecto, sneaking around the pillars.

He followed her down to the dungeons sneaking him through the common room, into her room. She closed the door behind her, he pressed his lips against hers, she braced her hands against his chest, he pulled away from her, taking her hand and pulling her to the bed, he sat her on his knee, brushing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"What did you want to tell me,"

"Amycus has threatened to tell my mother about us, he has pictures too,"

"Pictures of what?"

"Hanging out with Lily and Mary. You kissing me in the halls, sneaking out of my dorm,"

"Won't you mother believe you-

"You're joking right, Sirius I have no idea what she's going to do or what I'm going to do,"

"Shh, it'll be alright," he held her close to him, she mumbled something, "what?"

"She grabbed my arm and bruised me, when he told her we were 'dating' I don't know what she would have done if Evan didn't step in when he did," she closed her eyes wrapping her arms around him, "I don't how she'll react to pictures,"

"Aimee, can you promise me something," she nodded, "will you leave before she really hurts you,"

"Where would I go?"

"Your grandmother's, your brothers, just somewhere away from her,"

"Yeah, I promise," she smiled at him, lightly kissing his lips, he laid down pulling her down with him.

***

Regulus waited in the common room, he couldn't understand why Aimee never told him about her fight with Avery. As soon as he saw him enter the common room, he marched over to him, almost knocking him back.

"Woah, what's with you?"

"You hurt Aimee,"

"I barely scratched her," Avery said

"So it's true, but why, what did she do to you?"

"If you must know she punched me, for insulting your brother,"

"Why would she punch you for that?"

"Have you been living under a rock?" he questioned "they're dating,"

"Aimee would have told me," Regulus said, "I thought those were just rumours going around school,"

"They were, but the new lovebirds haven't exactly been hiding their relationship,"

Avery left him with that thought in mind, he wondered if Aimee's brother knew anything about them dating. Though he highly doubted it, her brothers were often overprotective of her, though Regulus thought it would be quite amusing to see Sirius try and evade them.

He snapped his eyes up as he saw Aimee sneaking Sirius out of the common room, he shook his head at them, as Sirius pressed his lips against hers, as he left the dungeons, Regulus snuck up behind her, she jumped blurting out excuses even though he hadn't asked her anything.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked

"I wanted to tell you, it was Sirius he didn't want me to..." Regulus began laughing "why are you laughing?"

"You look so embarrassed,"

"I'm not embarrassed, Sirius didn't want his little brother knowing,"

"I'm thirteen years old, it's not like I'm five," he said

"Alright," she said, placing her hands on her hips, "do you think it's possible for me to stay at yours over the summer?"

"Why do you want cuddles with your boyfriend?" he teased

"No, my parents aren't going to be home this summer, I just thought with you living so close,"

"Ah, I don't know, Narcissa has her matchmaking ball and mother plans to host it," he informed her

"Oh well, if I can't I'm sure I could stay with my brothers this summer, I might actually get to meet my Jacob's girlfriend,"