𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒚-𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

╔═══════════════╗
sixth year,
dumbledore's request
╚═══════════════╝

Exam season came sooner than many students wished, while some were immediately struck with fear and anxiety. Some of the more carefree students just decided to wing their exams. Aimee was not one of these students, with a bad start in January, she feared that her grades slipping, she was going to fail her exams.

It was moments like this that she was thankful her mother wasn't in her life, she would be absolutely furious if she got anything less than what she was expected. Theo only ever asked that she just do her best, it wasn't the end of the world, is she got one or two bad grades.

She sat with her eyes focused on her exam, the ticking of the clock, didn't usually distract her, though today that was all she could hear. That along with the scratching of quill on parchment, once the exam had come to an end all the papers flew to the front, to avoid any further answers being written down.

"Hey, how do you think you did?" Mary asked her, she cringed

"I think I did really bad," she said,

"I'm sure you didn't," Dorcas said, as Evan not looking where he was going bumped into Aimee

"Sorry," he said

"How did you do?" she asked him

"Alright, I guess, I've got to be somewhere I'll see you back in the common room," he walked away from the girls.

***

He walked to Regulus' class, he should be out in a couple of minutes, he looked behind him to make sure he wasn't followed. Reg was one of the first students to leave, he knew why he was there and the pair headed towards the Room of Requirement.

"So, did they talk to you?" Regulus asked as he closed the door behind him

"Yes, seems my father is very keen for me to join his cause, though I'm not convinced he really wants me to,"

"What do you mean?"

"I think he's worried what he'll do if I don't join," Evan admitted.

"My parents don't seem concerned for my wellbeing they're totally fine with joining him, encouraging it in fact," Regulus told him.

"Is there anything that puts you off,"

"A few things, the main thing, is that you're supposed to be loyal until you die," Regulus said, not wanting his life to be owed to anyone. "I already know people who have joined,"

"I only know of Severus,"

"Yes, there's Avery and Mulciber, no surprise there, Amycus and Alecto, even Barty joined,"

Evan wasn't surprised that they joined the Dark Lord, they had already been practising dark curses and hexes. He was certain a few of them could perform the Cruciatus curse to an extreme level. Though he was sceptical of joining he didn't put up a great argument, just stating that he wanted a more Pureblood Society, irradicating the wizarding world of Muggleborns, and anyone who believed in muggle rights.

Like the Burkes, even if Elizabeth Burke wanted to prove that her children could be of some use if they learned to become animagi. The reputation of the Burkes, drove Elizabeth to seek out her sons and daughter, to put a stop to their disgraceful way.

She had already succeeded once.

***

Most of the students were celebrating completing their exams, Aimee along with her friends were planning on going to the Three Broomsticks to celebrate. As the group made their way to the courtyard, she was stopped by Professor Slughorn who told her that Professor Dumbledore was wanting to speak to her.

"Come on, Professor we just finished our exams,"

"I'm sorry Mr Black, I was told to pass a message on to Miss Burke," he nodded leaving the students to carry on with their day.

"What does Dumbledore want you for?" Marlene asked

"I don't know, I don't think I've done anything," she questioned

"It's probably nothing, just leave it," Sirius said,

"I can't just ignore the headmaster, I won't be long," she said,

She sprinted her way through the courtyard, and along the corridors, 'Dumbledore had never asked to see me before what could he want?' she thought. As she arrived outside his office, she stood on the step of the Gargoyle statue, as the stairs moved to take her up to his office.

She looked around, no sign of the Professor anywhere, she had never been inside Dumbledore's office, it was large and beautifully decorated. The walls were covered with portraits of old headmasters and headmistresses, all who were snoozing gently in their frames, sitting on a high shelf, an old wizard's hat, the sorting.

"Ahh, Miss Burke, I see Horace gave you my message," he said, she creased her brows, never knowing Slughorn's name was Horace. "I asked you here, to discuss a rather private matter,"

"What do you mean Professor?" she asked, wondering what private matter couldn't wait until another day, she wanted to celebrate with friends.

"I have founded an organisation to fight against the Dark Forces, of Lord Voldemort," Aimee's mind froze she had never heard someone speak his name with such ease. "I'm sure you've heard of it," she nodded

"The Order of the Phoenix, isn't it?"

"That is correct Miss Burke, I believe your brothers are a part of the cause are they not?"

"Yes, but excuse me, Professor, what does any of this have to do with me?" she asked not sure why her brother's involvement would include her.

"You have proven to be an extraordinary young witch, with many talents," her heart raced, fearing what he was going to ask of her. "You would be a great addition to our team of wizards, fighting against Voldemort-

"Stop saying his name," she said, "I don't want to fight,"

"Miss Burke-

"No, fighting for the Order is what got my brother killed, I'm sorry Professor but you're asking something of me that I just can't do, now if you'll forgive me, I'd like to join my friends," Professor Dumbledore excused her.

Aimee stood in the hallway, thinking of what Dumbledore was doing, how irresponsible of him to ask a kid to fight for something, she may have turned 17, however, she was still too young to fight in a war.

That's what this had become a war.