𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑺𝒊𝒙

╔═══════════════╗
spring 1979,
regulus in trouble
╚═══════════════╝

Aimee had read through every book she could find on dark magic, she came up with nothing regarding a Horcrux. She assumed it must have been dark magic if they wouldn't have it in the School library, as sighed as she close the last book on her pile.

Marlene and Dorcas paid her a visit as Aimee mentioned in her letters to them just how much the girls were growing. They crawled around everywhere, most often in different directions, Rhea could even pull herself up if she was holding onto something.

"I don't know how Sirius can go on missions and leave these little darlings," Dorcas said, as she smiled at the sweet girls. Rhea pulled herself up near the television, pushing a button.

"I take it she wants the tv on," Aimee said unplugging the television, Rhea picked up the remote throwing it. "No, Rhea, we don't throw things," she picked her up sitting her down with Phoebe, who was sitting on Marlene's lap on the floor.

"They're a lot more active than I thought they would be," Marlene said, as Phoebe held onto her arm pulling herself up.

"Yes, Sirius is dreading when they start running," she chuckled to herself, "I remember when we use to babysit Ethan he would always throw a tantrum about bedtime, running around without his pyjama's on,"

"Oh my god, you still have that to come,"

"Thank you, for reminding me, Marls," she smiled at them, "they're learning things to, ask them for a kiss,"

"Phoebe, give me a kiss," Marlene asked, she stood up, pressing her lips on Marlene's cheek. "Why are you so adorable," she cuddled Phoebe on her lap. Rhea grasps Dorcas jumper pulling herself up, pressing her lips on her cheek.

"Aw, how do they know what kisses are?" Dorcas asked cuddling Rhea,

"Sirius gives them kisses all the time, it's usually on our lips though," she smiled at them with her twins, "hold on, I've got to get my camera," She hurried to get her camera, as she snapped a photo, of Marlene, Dorcas and her girls, she heard the front door open she smiled to herself.

"My babies," he said in his baby voice,

"Daddy's home," Aimee said, Rhea and Phoebe crawled across the floor to him, excitedly squealing as they crawled to their dad,

"Ah my babies, oh I've missed you, so much, yes I have," he lifted them up, kissing the cheek making them laugh, his eyes widened, "oh I didn't know you were here,"

"Aw, don't let us stop your booboo baby voice," Marlene said,

"Booboo, booboo!" they said loudly,

"What does booboo mean?" Dorcas asked, he sighed

"They want to read a book," Aimee explained, "why don't you get them ready for their bath, while I just clean up a bit," she told him, he took them upstairs, she heard a knock at the door,

"I'll get it," Marlene said, hurrying to the door, Aimee walked around the room picking up things that Rhea had been throwing, "Aimee, Evan's here," she creased her brows heading towards the door,

"Hi, I wasn't expecting you," she hugged him, "Is everything okay?"

"Erm," he flicked his eyes up at Marlene,

"Girls can you give us a second," she asked, Dorcas guided Marlene upstairs to help Sirius with the night routine.

"What's wrong?" she asked, sitting down at the kitchen table with him,

"It's Reg-

"What happened is he alright-

"Yes, no, I mean there's some strange going on with him,"

"What do you mean?" she asked he looked behind him in case Sirius was around,

"I'm not sure if someone has got in his head," he sighed, "he's just different, looking for anything he can on Horcrux, all because Slughorn doesn't want him to, it's just strange," she looked down at the table, "you know something, don't you," she sighed

"He came to see me, about a month ago,"

"What about?" he asked,

"To do some research for him, he wanted me to look up some guy name Tom Riddle and find something on a Horcrux,"

"Did you find anything?"

"No, I've read some of the darkest spell books and nothing,"

"What about Tom Riddle, did you find anything on him?"

"He was Hogwarts student back in the 40s, poor, but brilliant, parent-less, but brave, a school prefect and a model student," she explained, he nodded

"Doesn't sound like someone who might dabble in the dark arts, though people do surprise you," he sighed, she reached out hilding his hand, softly rubbing her thumb along his knuckles, "I should get going,"

"Yeah," she stood up, walking him to the door, "I'll let you know if I hear from him," he nodded she wrapped her arms and him, he rested his chin on her head.

He smiled at her, as he closed the door behind him, he thought it would be best to down an alleyway to apparate home. He stopped, looking behind him, there was an eerie sense lingering in the air that he was being followed. He turned down the alleyway, waiting for the person to follow behind him, as the person turned the corner he pinned him against the wall.

"What the fuck, are you following me for?" he asked letting him go,

"I saw you talking," Sirius said straightening his shirt, "you think there's something wrong with Reg,"

"Yeah, I think Aimee can get through to him," he nodded, knowing that she could get through to his brother

"I might be crazy but do you still like Aimee,"

"She's my best friend, of course, I do"

"That's not what I meant,"

"No, I don't," he said, Sirius cocked his brow, "I've met someone else, and I'm late for seeing them,"

He apparated away, leaving Sirius in the alleyway, he didn't believe him. He had seen the way he looked at Aimee, there was something there even if Evan denied his feelings for her. Sirius trusted her, he knew she loved him and that was all that mattered.