𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
second year,
did you die?
╚═══════════════╝

Avoiding Sirius was easier than she first thought. The reason for that was because he was also avoiding her too. Ever since their 'date' they found it extremely difficult to talk about anything unless they were both pulled into a conversation by Regulus.

Aimee was going about her weekend routine every Saturday she would head to the library to exchange her books. Many students knew this and it wouldn't be hard to find her if someone needed her. As she checked the books in her bag to make sure she had them all she walked into someone.

"Sorry, I didn't see you,"

"Yeah, I noticed," she looked up and realise she had bumped into Sirius, without Regulus there to break some of the tension they quickly had nothing to talk about. "Changing books?"

"Yes, already read them all, I couldn't put them down,"

"Sounds great,"

"I should go, before Madam Pince wonders where I am," she said, he nodded as he continued along his way.

"Well that uncomfortable," Dahlia spoke from behind her,

"It was" Aimee admitted, smiling at her "and I don't know why?"

"Because you actually like him,"

"What gave you that impression?" Dahlia creased her brows at her

"Aren't you dating?"

"Oh no, we aren't it's just a silly dare between him and his friend,"

"Really?" she said, convinced, "there has to be something there, or there wouldn't be any weird feelings,"

"Trust me, there aren't we just got talking about some personal stuff, okay,"

"Alright, but you need to work out how you feel because if you do like him, then acting like you're dating might hurt you more,"

"Thank you, I'm not going to get hurt because I know how I feel about him," Aimee assured her that she would be just fine.

Later in the day, she dress up in a thick coat, scarf and woolly hat, as the cold weather was indicating that snow could come any day now. She was meeting her brothers by the edge of the forbidden forest, they never told her what they were doing just that she was welcome to join them.

As she neared the edge she heard a lot of laughter coming from the tree as she looked up, she noticed that there was a red fox running across one of the tall branches. Attempting to catch an owl, she hurried over almost tripping over a badger, who morphed into Daniel.

"Hey, you made it,"

"Yeah, what are they doing?"

"It's just a little game they play," he explained

"What do they have to do?" she asked

"Well, you know Theo can get annoyed easily," she nodded "well, foxes are able to climb to trees, but Jake and Theo won't attempt it in case they fall, so Charlie says everything he can to piss Theo off then, next thing you know he's chasing Charlie through the trees,"

"I can't wait to be an animagus too,"

"Have you done your homework,"

"Yes, I left it in your room, promise me, if I know everything there is to know and the consequences will you help me,"

"I'll read it, and talk to them, deal?"

"Deal" she shook his hand sealing their deal. He whistled for the three older brothers to come back down.

The first one to reach the bottom was Jacob he quickly changed back into himself throwing his arm over her shoulder. The owl flew down after, morphing back into Charlie just as he landed on his feet, Aimee hurried over to him, wrapping her arms tightly around him. After a few minutes with no sign of Theo, they all looked up to see him struggling to climb back down.

"Just jump one of us will catch you," Jacob said, the fox shook its head, not at all confident in their ability to catch him, the fox turned trying to find a better way down.

Charlie sigh turning back into an owl, flying up towards the fox. The owl grabbed the fox with its talons dangling the fox over it looked down at the ground, the owl let go. As the fox fell through the air, the three siblings on the ground tried to judge where the animal was going to land.

"I got him!" Aimee shouted as the fox landed in her arms. She held the animal up smiling at him "you look a lot cuter as a fox," the fox growled at her, pushed himself out of her grasp.

"That was not funny," Theo said, as he turned back into himself

"I thought you would have followed me down," Jacob assumed

"Yeah, inside Charlie threw off, I thought you were supposed to protect us," Theo said,

"Did you die?" Charlie questioned

"No, but-

"Then I did protect you,"

"Fuck off, you dropped me from all the way up there," he pointed high up in the trees, Jacob, Daniel and Aimee began laughing.

"It's not funny, I could have been seriously hurt,"

"Oh stop being such a baby," Jacob mocked

"I'm going, better than hanging around with you dorks," he said, walking away from them,

"TELL ZABINI I SAID HI!" Jacob shouted to him, he flipped them off as he walked away.

"Aw he's a little embarrassed," Daniel said, she chuckled, he and Jacob also left as they had made plans with a few friends, which left Aimee and Charlie.

The oldest and youngest Burke had very little time together. She remembers very little of Charlie when he was still living with her, she was only 3 years old when he left for America. She was interested in what their life was like in America, she knew very little about the American wizarding community.

"What Ilvermorny like, they don't talk much," she asked

"Very similar to Hogwarts in terms of aesthetic and uniform," he said, "from what Jake has mentioned about Hogwarts the classes are very different,"

"How's Uncle Sam?"

"He's great, married and has a daughter now too,"

"Oh really, how old?"

"She's just a baby, Lillie Mae she's really sweet, blonde like you and Jake," she smiled while she barely remember uncle Sam, her father kept in close contact with him.

"Lillie Mae, that's such a sweet name," she said,

She missed Charlie a lot more than her other brothers, with them being at school with her she had become accustomed to them being around her again. She only saw Charlie a couple of times when he came to Hogwarts.

"Could I see you over the summer?" she asked

"Yeah, of course, I haven't had a chance to see Grammy yet, why don't you meet us at Burke Cottage,"

"I'll talk to dad about it,"

"Great, I'll see you soon, I've got to be somewhere," he opened his arms for her, she hugged him tightly not wanting him to leave again, as though he could hear her thoughts he said, "Don't worry, you'll see me again."