𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒘𝒐

╔═══════════════╗
third year,
home again
╚═══════════════╝

The last week had passed and everyone was going back to Hogwarts, Aimee accompanied the Black family to King's Cross Station. Sirius was acting strange, when she met up with them, Regulus hugged her, but he shrugged her off, she assumed he and his mother had a huge argument before they left, and he was still bitter about it.

When they boarded the train she walked with Regulus to a compartment where Evan and Severus were also sitting. She sat with them for a while, before deciding to go and find the girls. The boys minus Severus had got into a debate over Quidditch and the best tactics and moves.

"My stupid cousin is friends with those Mudbloods and blood traitors," she heard as she passed another compartment, she peered around the corner seeing Amycus talking to another boy.

"I recall her kicking your ass," she smirked remembering the fight clearly.

"Yeah Barty, if she steps out of line, we'll be sure to put her back in her place," Alecto said, she scoffed walking to another compartment where she found Lily, Marlene, Alice and Mary.

"Wow, I love your hair," she said, as she saw Mary's hair which had changed again to royal purple hair colour.

"Oh yeah, I dyed it before school started, I wanted to try something new,"

"It looks great," Alice said

"Yeah, I did like the blue, but purple suits too," Marlene added anxiously waiting for the trolley lady to come down the train.

The train ride to Hogwarts was a lot of fun, they all had their permission slips signed to go attend Hogsmeade finally being able to get out of the school for a change. The girls gossiped about boys, Mary said that there was a cute muggle boy that had recently moved near her house.

Marlene had mentioned that Sirius looked more dashing than he did before this year, Aimee didn't really notice as she had seen him throughout the summer. As though Emmeline and Dorcas had heard them talking about boys they hurried into the compartment.

"You're never going to believe it, Sirius asked a girl out on the train," Emmeline said, closing her mouth when she saw Aimee sat in the compartment,

"Aimee, we didn't realise you were in here," Dorcas said

"Why would it matter?"

"Didn't you date Sirius for a bit?" Lily asked

"Oh yeah," Aimee said, she paused "actually that was just a silly dare between him and Potter,"

"Wait are you being serious?" Dorcas asked, sitting down next to Marlene

"No, I'm Aimee,"

"No, really you weren't dating?" Alice asked

"Yes, why does that surprise everyone?" she questioned, all the girls looked at one another before Lily answered her.

"It's just you looked so good together,"

"Yeah and the way he looks at you," Marlene added

"Like you're the only person that he can see, everyone else is simply irrelevant," Alice smiled finishing Marlene's sentence for her.

Aimee nodded uncomfortably, thankfully Remus had come to talk to Lily about a study schedule for this year. Everyone had stopped talking about Sirius, which she was most thankful for. If it's true what they said about him, then why would he ask another girl to go out with him?

As the train pulled into the station, she quickly left for the carriages, she was always curious to know what pulled them. Could it be a spell that was set to go on a specific route or an animal that they couldn't see, she waited in a carriage alone waiting for Regulus or Evan.

"Hi, are you okay?" Evan asked

"Yeah, where's Reg?"

"He's going with Barty and your cousins," he explained sitting in the carriage beside her,

Aimee bit her lip as she saw Marlene and Lily walking towards the carriage, they climbed into the carriage. Their widened eyes showed that they didn't see Evan sitting in the carriage with her, the four students sat in silence for a moment as the carriage began to head towards Hogwarts.

"So how was your summer?" Evan spoke, the two Gryffindor girls looked at each other before answering,

"Great, my family went on vacation," Marlene spoke first.

"We didn't do much, just visit family," Lily added, Evan nodded returning to silence.

"What about your summer?" Marlene asked Aimee she smiled

"I was invited to Evan's he has a library in his house,"

"That's all you remember?" he questioned with a big smile on his face, Lily and Marlene watched the interaction between them.

"Yes, you need these back," she said, handing him back the books she borrowed

"Thanks," he put the books in his bag.

As the carriages stopped, the students walked towards the school, Aimee spotted Sirius walking with his new girlfriend, Layla Harris. She was in Ravenclaw house and often sat with Emmeline or Dorcas in class. While Aimee didn't know her personally she thought she was a nice girl, never causing a scene or attention to herself.

"What's wrong?" he asked, looking in the same direction she was seeing Sirius with a girl.

"Nothing, come on I want to beat my brothers to the Great Hall," she said, hurrying away "I'll see you girls later!" she shouted back to them as she and Evan ran past Sirius and Layla.

They ran through the halls, reached the Great Hall, they found their seat unoccupied, that sat in the same seats at the feast. Aimee had a realisation that this would be the last year for many of her friends, Narcissa, Lucius, Helene as well as her brothers, Jacob and Theodore.

'I have to make the most of their last year,'