𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1975,
matchmaking ball
╚═══════════════╝

Aimee promised she would return to Grimmauld Place for Narcissa's matchmaking ball, the only excitement she had all summer, she hadn't seen Narcissa since she graduated. While Sirius believed her to be a horrid cousin, she had always been nice to her, Aimee could easily consider her a friend.

Walburga had Kreacher running around trying to complete the last few tasks before the guest arrived for the matchmaking ball. Sirius and Regulus were adjusting their ties in the mirror, while Aimee tucked a few loose strands of hair behind her ear.

"You both look so handsome," she said, as she straightened out Sirius' tie.

Walburga gestured for Sirius and Regulus to be stood at the door to greet their guest. They rolled their eyes once she had her back turned to them, they stood patiently waiting. She stood with them, hoping to recognise a few faces from Slytherin House.

"You looked wonderful Narcissa," Regulus said, as she entered Grimmauld Place,

"Thank you, you look very handsome yourself," she complimented,

Sirius smirked as Aimee stood beside him, she had to admit it was strange not being able to hold his hand or for him to wrap his arm around her. Narcissa smiled at her, she noted that Aimee seemed different like something had happened that changed her.

"Beautiful as always Narcissa," Aimee said smiling at her,

"Thank you, you're dress is gorgeous, a lot more grown-up," Narcissa told her.

Sirius had snuck, some alcohol from the table, for himself, Regulus and Aimee. They laughed as they watched some of the desperate women attempts of getting a man's attention. They stopped laughing when Narcissa approached them, all three of them straightened their posture.

"Relax, I'm not going to snitch," she reassured them,

"What are you drinking?" she asked, Sirius put his drink behind his back

"Nothing," he said, Narcissa took the drink from him, smelling the drinking

"Firewhiskey, you're mother will chastise you," Narcissa said,

"Are you going to tell on me Cissy," he mocked

"I told you, I'm not going to snitch on you, I could use a drink to steady my nerves-

"No, you need to be at your best," she told her, taking the drink from her

"Yes, Aimee's right, you'll be fine," Regulus said, he looked around the ballroom "Would you like to dance with me Miss Black," extending his hand for Narcissa

"This is lame, but I accept your offer for a dance Mr Black," Narcissa took his hand as he lead her out into the ballroom. Regulus spun her around to the music, Sirius offered his hand to Aimee.

"Miss Burke, would you care to accompany me to the dance floor?" she chuckled,

"I'd be honoured Mr Black," she curtsied, taking his hand.

He guided Aimee across the dance floor, bringing her close to him, she was for certain that people were watching and they were a little too close than they should be. He spun her around, noticing out of the corner of his eye, Walburga eyeing them curiously. Aimee had also noticed she stopped him, lightly touching her forehead.

"What's wrong?" he asked

"I don't feel so well, may we step outside?"

He nodded, steadily guiding her out into the garden, when they were out of sight, she walked normally, not needing Sirius' assistance. He applauded her acting skills, rather thankful he didn't want his mother to start getting ideas, even if they were correct.

"Aimee, there's something I wanted to give you," he said, taking her hand and walking her towards a bench in the garden, they sat down, she eyed him, they never planned on giving gifts.

"It's a ring, and no it's a proposal of any kind, not yet-

"Not yet?" he rolled his eyes at her

"Anyway, me and Reg have one, and when we twist the ring around our finger while thinking of the other, we can send messages to each other or guide us to each other's location,"

"That's amazing, who gave them to you?"

"Kreacher did," he said, looking down at his ring, "so will you wear it?"

"Of course, I will," she wrapped her arms around his neck, she held her hand out for Sirius to place the ring on her finger.

"This is so strange I practically proposed to you," he said

"Hold on, this isn't your matchmaking ball," he laughed shaking his head at her.

"God, I love you," he said, she smiled brightly,

He took her hand pulling her closer to him, they waltz under the starlit night, Sirius couldn't help but smile at her. Her dress flowed weightlessly around her like she was the belle of the ball, he twirled her around a few times, he dipped her down lower, softly kissing her lips.

As the guest left, he snuck her upstairs to his bedroom, as Walburga had already assumed that Aimee had retreated to the bedroom, that Kreacher had set up for her. Sirius decided to play on the proposal joke, carrying Aimee bridal style, towards his bed, she laughed a little too loudly.

"Shh, you need to be quiet," he said, laying her down on the bed.

"I love being with you like this," she said, leaning up to kiss him,

"Well get used to it, cause I'm never letting you go," he smirked burying his face into her neck, leaving lazy kisses on her neck.

He laid beside her, holding her close to him, he tangled his legs with hers, she twisted around nuzzling her face onto his chest. He whispered something to her though she didn't answer, he looked and smiled as she had fallen asleep, she kissed her forehead, drifting to sleep with his Aimee in his arms.