♥36: Someone

Felix is fine

He's fine

I know he's fine...

Please be fine.

Chan ran through the streets of Sydney, slowly getting closer to his destination. Focusing on the building which was suddenly appearing a few hundred meters away from him, he sprinted a bit quicker.

The hospital.

Just a few minutes later, he reached the big entrance of the building and burst into the hospital. The nurse at the reception looked up from her newspaper, startled at Chan's sudden entrance. She quickly put away her coffee mug to check if the boy was injured visibly. 

"I'm so sorry for scaring you, Miss-"

"Are you hurt in any way?", she asked in a worried way.

"What? Ah- No no, I'm here to check on someone-"

"Oh, I hope you know that visiting hours aren't around this time of night. The next time you can visit a patient is at 7 am-"

"It's urgent- It's about the 17-year old boy who got into a car crash 2 hours ago. Please, can you give me any information?"

The nurse's facial expression changed drastically. She seemed shocked at what Chan just said, yet she tried to remain calm and exhaled sharply.

"I'm very sorry, but the young man is currently undergoing surgery... are you perhaps one of his family members?"

"Shoot- No, no I'm not, but-"

"I'm sorry but rules are rules. You won't be able to visit him any time soon if you're not related to him in any way."

"Can you- at least give me his name? He's- He's been missing but I don't know if he's the one involved in the car crash or he's simply not showing up at home. Please..." Chan begged, he couldn't bear the thought of Felix getting hurt in any way... and the worst part was that the younger one was all alone.

"Like I said... I won't be able to tell you anything, we need the patient's family to give further information about his condition."

"But- his family literally doesn't care about him, I'm his boyfriend and-"

"We can contact you if the young man's condition is better, but until then please stay calm and be patient."

Chan nodded and tried to tell himself that nothing had happen to Felix as he felt his heartbeat speed up. But his mind was engulfed with negative thoughts and the panic seeped in.

"Okay... I understand, thank you", he muttered.

As he left the hospital, the blonde boy tried to hold back a desperate scream. So instead, he slammed his fist into the wall next to the door and let out a muffled "Shit-".

Cradling his bruised knuckles, Chan slowly slid down the wall and buried his head in his arms. All he wanted to do was to see Felix one more time, to tell him that he was sorry, to just... hold his hand again, or to just see his gorgeous freckled face... 

Why did it have to end up like this?

Tears threatened to leak out of his eyes, and he tilted his head back, looking towards the night sky hoping for a sign... that Felix was okay.

Felix had to be okay.

Chan slowly got up and brushed the dirt off his trousers. With no idea where to go or where to stay for the night, Chan just trailed through random alleys. He didn't have enough money to get himself a hotel room... Actually, he didn't have ANY money.

A strange feeling washed over Chan with unbreakable force as he slowly made his way trough the alleyway that seemed to go on forever. Endless misery adorned the brick walls around him and soon, he couldn't walk any longer and sat on the skin-numbing, hard floor.

The sharp coldness damped the boy's clothes and he soon shivered.

What should he do?

Where should he go...

Chan looked up the rusty gutter to a small open window. Music came from up there, soft and calming. The song reminded him of something...

Of someone...

Wait...

With his phone in his hand, Chan ran down a long street, looking at google maps every 100 meters. He didn't visit Sydney nor the person he thought of ever since he moved to Korea, so he barely knew the big city anymore. 

Everything was the same as it had been before, but different somehow.

The streets were swept empty and the night was well advanced when Chan finally arrived at his destination. The house stood silhouetted against a cloudless night sky, and you could see that the sun was going to rise soon.

Chan was walking up the cobbled path to the front porch when he saw a light coming from the milky glass window in the door. He jumped up the few stairs, ready to knock. But before he could reach the door, it opened and a woman in a jogging outfit faced him.

"What do you wa- wait a minute- Christopher?!"

"Hi... Mum- it's been a while..."