♥16: Pancakes

"Alright, that's it for today! See you guys tomorrow and have a nice afternoon!"

This sentence brought Felix back to reality. He had been absently staring at his notes the whole time, his thoughts already back at Chan's apartment.

He wasn't sure why, but he enjoyed being with the curly-haired boy. There was something about the elder that drew Felix closer.

After Mr. Nguyen had dismissed the students, Felix left the classroom with the others. When the boy with the freckles told them what had happened yesterday after the second lesson, they all spammed Chan with photos, messages, really just anything to show the elder that they were there for him. 

Felix gave a small smile. Chan was so lucky to have such great friends.

While leaving the school building, Felix wondered if he should buy something for Chan. Chocolate, coffee, just anything that could cheer him up...

"Bye folks! We're going to the sushi restaurant around the corner for lunch! ", Hyunjin said and waved goodbye together with Jeong-in & Seungmin.

"YAH, why doesn't anyone tell me anything here?! I'll come with you, u punks! " Changbin complained and ran after the three of them.

Minho giggled and looked after the shortest of their friend group.

"We'll also leave now, Lix. Minho is coming to our place today. Oh and- Are you sure you wanna go to Chan's place all alone? I mean- we could also come with yo- "

"No, no, it's okay, everything's fine. I'll tell him to get well soon from all of you! " Felix insisted.

He didn't mean to be a bit pushy.... but he wanted to be with Chan alone for today.

Minho briefly raised an eyebrow at Felix's sudden reaction against Han's suggestion, and Jisung grinned.

"Oookay then", Han chanted, giving Felix an obvious wink before saying goodbye and trotting towards the bus stop to a waiting Minho.

A bit embarrassed by the boys' teasing, Felix also set off. But not towards the bus stop... but to the coffee shop nearby.

Felix still knew which coffee Chan had ordered the last time they got something here. So he went into the already familiar coffee shop and ordered a dark chocolate latte for the older.

For himself he got the Frothy Cafe Bombon with cinnamon, which looked very, very yummy.

In addition, he ordered two heatproof, sturdy coffee mugs so the coffee wouldn't get cold on the way to Chan's apartment.

The bus ride seemed to take forever, but in the end Felix finally arrived at the right bus stop.

He didn't take the shortcut through the narrow alley which would just bring back unwanted memories, and so he walked around the few apartment blocks, through the gorgeous park.

As he was passing the grocery store right next to the apartment block in which Chan lived, he had a brilliant idea and made a small detour.

And so Felix finally took the elevator up to the 8th floor, fully loaded with flour, sugar, milk, eggs and the two coffee mugs.

He had to be careful not to drop anything when he knocked on the elder's door.