9. Undeniably Irresistible

Why me though?

I groaned in frustration. I couldn't pay attention to any of the classes, because my mind was flooding over with thoughts of Lucas and me - doing a project together. Like, that is not gonna happen. After the incident by the lockers, he probably hates me.

Well guess what?

I hate him too.

The classes already ended and I was walking to the teachers' office to find Mrs. Johnson. I want to change my partner. I hope she has not left yet.

I was going to enter the teacher's office when a hand held my wrist and dragged me near the lockers.

"Wha-" I was abruptly cut off when the person pinned both of my arms against the lockers.

That devilish smirk again. Lucas.

"You wont go in there and request Mrs. Johnson to change partners. It wont happen. There is no other student you can pair up with. What're you gonna tell her when she asks the reason?" He leaned in closer, our noses almost touching. His voice dropping an octave.

"That I annoy you? Or that I am undeniably irresistible for you?"

His infamous smirk made its way up to his lips. How I wish to slap that smirk off of his face. But I am trapped, by his towering body.

It took me a moment to register his words because of the close proximity.

"First of all you are not undeniably irresistible to me and second of all I'm
gonna go in there and do what I wanna do" I snapped.

I was struggling to get out of his iron-grip. His predatory gaze told me I made a grave mistake. I tried to look away. But a delicate finger under my chin brought me eye-to-eye with him.

"You don't understand ,do you?" He chuckled.

With that I was hoisted up on his shoulder.

"Hey!!! Put me down!! Put me down!! I'm gonna kill you" I screamed at him.

"Such words from that pretty little mouth of yours" he laughed.

"Lucas Prince, put me down this instant!!" I fumed.

I don't know what made him actually listen to me.I was kinda shocked actually.

Lucas was looking at me with an intensity I can't decipher.

I ignored him.

"Let's do this project and get it over with already. I won't annoy you" he stated without looking at me.

I don't know what is up with him. I hope he don't really annoy me.

"Fine" I agreed with him.

"Alright. Your place or mine?" He asked.

"I thought we should go to a cafe or something" I asked.

"Your place then" He stated.

Uh...what?

_______________________________________