8. Project

There is no way in hell they are step-brothers. Do they even get along?

"We do get along ,actually" Mr.McCarthy chuckled.

Oops. Did I say that out loud?

"No you did not"

I couldn't help but giggle at his friendly behavior. He is too friendly and young to be a teacher.

The bell rang and i gave a small smile as goodbye to Mr.McCarthy - to which he smiled showing his dimples.

Squeal

I went to my first class , which was biology and found Lucas in his usual seat . I ignored him and went to my seat.

The teacher came.

"Good morning class" Mrs.Johnson greeted us to which a few students greeted back.

"As you all know, before your exams, it is crucial to get internal score. Internal scores can be acquired through extra- curriculum activities, projects, monthly assignments, and through your performance and attendance in your class. So I will be giving you all your very first project of this academic year. And it should be done in pairs, which I will choose" Mrs. Johnson explained.

A student raised their hand.

"Yes?" Mrs. Johnson asked.

"What is the topic for the project?" He asked.

"The topics are based on biology and each pair will get a different topic. I will email the topics to you today. And I am expected to get the projects done in a week. Any more questions?"

Silence.

"Alright. Now lets pick the pairs" Mrs. Johnson started scanning the class and randomly picked pairs for the project.

I was biting my lip to the point where it drew blood. Mrs. Johnson wasn't calling my name until she looked at me.

And I was paired with...

"Nora Brown and....Emma Rodriguez"

I sighed in relief.

Emma raised her hand.

"Yes?" Mrs. Johnson adjusted her glasses.

"Mrs. Johnson ,the projects for physics and chemistry is already assigned. So I can't participate in this biology project because I am already in the physics group" she explained.

"Yes.Yes. I forgot about that. Is there any other student who is already assigned in another science project?" Mrs. Johnson asked.

A student raised his hand.

Now who's gonna be my partner?

I huffed in annoyance.

".....Then Nora pair up with Lucas"

The universe hates me. 

_______________________________________