2. Him

"You haven't changed since middle school , nerd" she smirked.

Harley Miller , that queen bee who's all plastic and a trashy attitude. Guys follow her around like lost puppies. I don't understand why. And she's got her cronies. All the same.

She and her cronies bullied me at middle school. I don't wanna think about it. She tortured me throughout the whole year. She thinks i'm weak and useless. Everybody thinks that.

"Still the same. Still ugly" she patted my head mockingly .

I maybe weak. But i am not gonna let them bully me. This is my first day and trouble's already found me. But i won't let them win.

"I came here to study and I expect you to not poke your nose in my business. Get out of my way" I snapped.

Harley snorted. But i could've sworn I saw a flash of surprise in her face.

I didn't wait for her reply and ran inside the building while earning a few stares from the students nearby. I ignored them all.

I have been wandering around for fifteen minutes and i have no idea where i can find my schedu-

"Ow" i hit my face into something. Or someone.

"I am so sorry. Are you okay? " a voice asked .

I looked up to find-

"Brian? Oh my gosh ,Its you. What are you doing here??" I exclaimed.

Brian was my childhood best friend . He was so supportive and caring. He moved to seattle with his family a few years ago. And i haven't seen him after that. And now he is here at my new high school.

"I could ask the same of you " he grinned.

We catched up on a lot of things and he helped me find my schedule.

"Class starts in five minutes. What's your first one?" He asked

"Lit. You?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"History " He pouted.

I punched him in the arm playfully. He is still the same. I'm lucky to have him as my friend.

" We still got a lot to catch up. Lets get coffee after school. I know a place" he smiled.

"Alright . See you later"

The bell rang .

I will make a good impression. You got this Nora. You-

"I would've stood here longer if the view was nice. So...out of the way" A deep voice sneered from behind.

A few students snickered . The snarky remark i thought of saying died down when i saw him.

Heavens above.

_______________________________________