23. Date

Lucas and I were walking home, after class. Even though I insisted I can go by myself, he accompanied me.

"I’m taking you out tonight. You don’t get to say no. I'll pick you up okay?" Lucas turned to me once we were at the front door of my house.

"....why?" I asked.

"Cause, that's what lovers do, dummy" Lucas flicked the tip of my nose, while grinning.

"...Um..." I trailed off.

"See ya later" Lucas waved and walked away, leaving me confused.

Why is he taking me out? Things are getting more confusing.

---------------------------------------------------------

I was braiding my hair, when my phone dinged. I quickly braided and secured my hair with a hair tie.

It was a message from Lucas.

God knows how he got my number.

Lucas : Wear something pretty.

Lucas : Oh nvmd.... you look pretty in anything ;)

A blush creeped up to my cheeks. Only he can make me feel this way, even through texts.

To be honest he isn't that bad as people say. He is actually kinda nice. He can be genuine and honest. I actually enjoy his company.

My phone dinged another time. It was Lucas, texting me that he was already here.

I typed in a quick reply and went down, to the front door.

I sighed heavily, before opening the door and-

Holy crap. I forgot he was filthy rich. But still.....An Aston Martin?!? In front of my house?

Damn.

Lucas was leaning against the car's door, looking intently at his phone.

Upon my arrival, he looked up and smiled.

"Cupcake...Looking pretty as always" Lucas grinned.

My face was instantly tomato-red.

I'm wearing a beige sweater and black jeans. I don't know what he finds pretty about it. He's just being polite, I guess.

"Can we get going already?" I muttered, making him grin even more.

"Someone's eager~" Lucas sang.

He opened the door for me and I got in. He got in and started the car. And we were on the road.

"Umm....where are we going?" I asked him.

"Its a surprise" he exclaimed.

---------------------------------------------------------

A carnival

Its been a long time since I've been to one. The last time I went to the carnival was with my dad. He would buy me all sort of treats and win me lots of toys. I had some great memories at the carnival with my dad. I miss him.

"I plan on playing every game, riding every rides and eating every food here. And I wanna do it with you. Come on...... Loosen up, You've been tensed the whole week. Relax. Lets have some fun" Lucas put his hand forward for me to hold.

I tilted my head sideways and glanced at his outstretched hand.

"Okay" I took his hand and he dragged me to the entrance.

---------------------------------------------------------
Ferris Wheel, roller coasters, mini-games ㅡ we did everything.

We were exhausted after all those games and rides.

I found a bench and pointed at it.

"Lets go sit there" I said.

Lucas nodded. we walked to the bench and sat there.

"Wait here. Let me get you something to drink" Lucas stood up and left to get something.

He has been awfully nice today. I kinda like it. Its much better than his usual cocky attitude. I had great fun. I should thank him for today.

How do I tell him though?

'Hey, Lucas, hope we can ride more rid-'

wait what?

I'll just say a short 'Thank you Lucas'

Come to think of it he has never called me by my name. He always calls me cupcake. But there is that one time when he called my by my name or did I dream about it-

"Here" Lucas sat beside me and handed me a water bottle. I took it and started drinking it.

"The games and rides are closed now. Lets go get something to eat?" Lucas suggested.

"Sure" I replied.

"I know a place nearby. Lets go" Lucas stated.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Is it good?" Lucas smiled at me.

I nodded in reply.

We were having burgers and fries. Why did I not know of this place before? I should come here more often. Man, these burgers are yum.

"Wait...you got a little cheese there" Lucas leaned in and wiped the cheese from my lips and licked it, his eyes never leaving mine. I froze for a second. After a moment I cleared my throat.

"So....when's your birthday?" I asked.

"Why do you ask?" He rested his chin on his fisted hand.

"Just because" I shrugged.

"August 30. Yours?" He raised an eyebrow.

"March 15" I replied.

His birthday is this month.

---------------------------------------------------------

I got out of the car as we reached my home. Lucas also got out, and reached out to grab my hand.

"Thank you for today. I had fun" I gave him a smile.

Suddenly, he let go of my hand. He took off his jacket and put it on me.

Its warm

We were literally standing in front of my house and he gave me his jacket. And I didn't not accept it.

"Get home safely" I looked up at him.

He nodded.

"Go rest now. You must be exhausted" he patted my head, to which I hummed in response.

I took a step backward, starting to turn away when he held my wrist and brought me towards him, kissing me on the forehead softly.

I let out a small gasp when I felt his lips on my forehead. I eventually closed my eyes leaning into him.

Lucas let go and turned back, walking to his car. I didn't look back and quickly entered the house.

I realized I was smiling when I was inside and covered my mouth in surprise.

Am I falling for him?

_______________________________________