Part 44

Today was the day, Navya , Radhika and Cabir were leaving for Tennessee. Cabir as decided, was free and so he agreed to go with them . 

Everyone was at the  airport to drop the trio.

Radhika was in Nandini's arms , not at all ready to leave her.  

Navya and Cabir were meeting everyone.

Navya: Bye Nandu, tujhe hug kaise karu main, Radhika come on baby.

Nandini smiled at her and hugged her from her side.

Nandini: You know I will miss you right?

Navya nodded and hugged her again. 

Both the girls had tears in their eyes.

Radhika: Masi I will not go .

Nandini: Baby you are not going away from me forever okay?

Radhika: But I want to be with you too.

By now, Radhika was all in tears. Nandini had tears in her eyes too, she was trying to console Radhika but all in vain.

Manik: Radhika baby, you will be back with us , I promise please do not cry now.

Alongside he also was rubbing Nandini's arms keeping her sane.

Navya: Nandu aise roti hi rahegi late ho raha de do thodi der me chup ho jayegi do not worry.

Nandini nodded understanding.

Radhikaa: Massii No I don't wanna go pleashh.

She was crying continuously but Nandini was helpless. Navya took Radhika and after waving a final bye they went inside the terminal.

Manik: Nandini you okay?

Nandini: Hm yeah.

Manik hugged her: U now they will be back soon.

Nandini: HM and I am happy Navya took this step just Radhika was crying so bad. I never like her crying.

Manik: I know its okay, it will all be fine hmm? ab go home and rest.

Nandini: Byee. See you.

Manik smiled and kissed her forehead.

Both the families left to their respective homes and indulged in their works. The men left for office. Ishita left to look after the NGO. Leaving Nandini alone in the Murthy Mansion.

Nandini sat on the couch and because she was missing Radhika, she thought of watching something to divert her mind when she got Naira's call. 

The best sister calling at the best time.

Naira: DIIII hai.

Nandini smiled listening her all-time-chirpy voice. Just hearing her enthusiastic talks, was enough for Nandini to let go of all her hard feelings.

Nandini: Heyyy,what's up?
Naira: Just cooking dinner.

Nandini: Dinner? Oh oh accha haan it must be time there. So what's cooking Mrs. Goenkaa?

Naira: Kuch khaas nahi aap batao? Navya di left?

Nandini: She did yes. Radhika was crying badly yaar, I miss her.

Naira: I understand Di but do not be sad.

Nandini: Hmm yes. So when are you coming Naira? Shaadi ke din puri khaane aayegi?

Naira: Ofcourse not Di . Flights are available it's just Kartik is not well these days.

Nandini: What? Kya ho gaya ? Is he okay?

Naira: Yeah yeah doctor says it is normal. Bas as he gets better, we will be there.

Nandini: Okay good. I will be waiting and I miss you. 

Naira: I love you di, Bye.

Nandini: Bye.

Nandini was  feeling a lot better after talking to Naira. She  went in the kitchen to fetch herself a cup of coffee when her phone rang again.

She smiled looking at the caller ID and picked up the call.

Nandini: Hello Mr. Malhotra.

Manik: Oh hey Madam. where were you?

Nandini: Where am I? Ghar pe.

Manik: Ahaan phone was busy na I was calling you.

Nandini checked her phone to see his missed calls.

Nandini: Ohho I am so sorry Manik, I was talking to Naira. I did not see our calls. Really sorry.

Manik: Nandini not a big deal, sorry kehna band kar dijiye ab.

Nandini: Umhmm I ain't habitual yet na anyway, where are you, office?

Manik: Yeah just wrapped up a few meetings. Have to leave for one more in a minute.

Nandini: Okay All the best.

Manik smiled: Oh yeah, I called you to know if you are okay? I know no one is home and you must be missing Radhika na?

Nandini was happy sensing his concern: I am okay Manik. Don't worry. Time lagega, I will be fine.

Manik: Hm I am there okay? Something that I can do to make you feel better?

Nandini was about to deny when something struck her mind.

Nandini: Well yes, you definitely can.

Manik: Ahaan demanding , what is that?

Nandini: Tell me the venue na Manik, I will be in the best of my states.

Manik : Ha ha ha, don't play this card on me Nandini, NO.

Nandini: Manik, please na, don't you love me anymore?

Manik: Ye kya emotional blackmailing kar rahi ho? Of course I love you.

Nandini: To bata dijiye.

Manik: Nandini we did have a conversation over this, Patience hi nahi h sach me.

Nandini: Ha what? Patience hain tabhi you are walking on your legs till now Malhotra.

Manik chuckled hearing her: Such a deadly fiance .

Nandini: More to know about your fiance. Mat bataiye I can be patient and u gotta witness that now. I am not even mentioning the venue until the wedding now.

Manik: That's like my girl, u had something?

Nandini: Coffee in progress.

Manik: Okay good. Do not overwork and rest. I will call you later.

Nandini: Ok bye, I love you.

Manik: I love you too.

They hung up the call and Manik proceeded with his meetings while Nandini sat with her coffee scrolling instagram.

The Murthys were back shortly later. Everyone had their dinner and went back to beds getting a day closer to the wedding.