Part 5

Nandini and Naira were back and were tired too. They saw Ishita ,Raman , Raj and Nyonika sitting in the garden. Naira went and sat between Raman and Ishita while Nandini was in her thoughts about Naira,she will miss her a lot. Naira was the most pampered kid and so her absence will definitely be felt. Nyonika noticed this and understood her inner turmoil too.
Nyonika: Nandini beta come here u r not well or what?
Nandini: no no aunty bas thoda Sa headache
Nyonika: come na I will give u a nice massage Manik aur Cabir ko bhi Karti hu and it works too.
Nandini sat with her head on her lap. Nyonika always wanted a daughter but after Manik she faced some complications and so they did not plan another baby. Manik was well aware of this. Nyonika always gave Mukti and Alya the love of a mother but she never felt that motherly attachment towards them,she loved them ofcourse but she never felt that connection in all these years while with Nandini she felt an instant connection,a protective feeling towards her and so was with Nandini. She enjoyed Nyonika's company a lot. After giving her a massage Nyonika asked her to go and sleep only to notice that she slept already. Naira left for her room already while Abhimanyu took Nandini upstairs. Everyone called it a day and went to sleep. Nyonika shared her feelings with Ishita and Ishita assured her that Nandini was their daughter too and had the rights of a mother on her.
After 3 hours,3:00 a.m.
Nandini woke up as she was feeling hungry. She missed out on her dinner too.
She descended down the stairs and got some fried rice to eat. She went on the terrace only to see Manik there already sitting with a cup of coffee thinking about something. Nandini atleast had understood this much that Manik preferred solving his problems as well as his loved ones problems himself and he did not like to stress anyone.
Nandini sat beside him but Manik was still lost deep in some thoughts.
Nandini: bataya kyu nahi?
Manik coming out of his thoughts
Kya?
Nandini: ki din ko din kyu kehte Hain? Why did u not tell me aap Manik Hain
Manik: Tumhe nhi pata tha main Manik Hu?
Nandini: are vo to janti thi par why did u not tell me aap Raj uncle ke bete h?
Manik: Batana tha Kya? Accha sorry I just thought that it was not important and moreover I wanted to surprise you so are u surprised?
Nandini: I am..for sure kya Soch rahe h?
Manik: yahi to aapse puchna tha are you fine? Abhimanyu ki us comment se u seemed to be affected.
Nandini: I was but we are sorted now.
Manik: Good to know!
Nandini: Thankyou well how's Live to Love old age homes,orphanages how are they working?
Manik: they are completely fine and I m trying to focus on them more infact abhi bhi was thinking about the same
......
Wait WHATTT?
how do u know I run them?
Nandini: u underestimated me Mr. Malhotra..huh even I do these works and so I do have an idea about it...u made it sure today!
Manik: u what all do u do yaa? Ladki ho ki kya pehle restaurants,phir hospital, ab ye bhi how do u manage?
Nandini: When u believe in urself and when u give urself to ur work completely , god helps u too! Even u do it , Malhotra's interior business in itself keeps u busy and then doing all these things just increases ur work still u do it na?
Manik: hmmm
Nandini: So
Manik:So
Nandini: what were u thinking when I came here?
Manik: Nandini....(after a pause) I don't know what I feel for u Nandini but it's like there is a connection I've always felt towards you.....maybe I like you...it's not love yet but I am impressed for sure. And I don't expect ur answer just finish ur fried rice!
Nandini: oh yeah I completely forgot about this but Manik feelings are mutual u r a good person.ummm I don't know what to say.  (Starts eating)
Manik chuckles.
Manik: Such a Kid!
Nandini passes a smile and gets up to leave.
Nandini: Manik go to sleep we need to go for shopping tomorrow...
Manik: yup..good night!
Nandini turns to go when Manik holds her wrist
Nandini: What?
Manik: hmmm so what are we now?
Nandini: what are we ?
Manik: just business partners?
Nandini smiles: Good night friend!
And leaves
Manik has a huge grin on his face , he ruffles his hair saying FRIEND and goes to his room.

NEXT MORNING
Nandini gets up early as usual along with Ishita. They wish each other morning. Ishita along with butlers started working on breakfast but Ishita did not fail to notice a lot of happiness radiating on Nandini's face.
Nandini went upstairs to make her bed and stuff while everyone else-Nyonika Raj Manik,Cabir Raman,Naira Abhimanyu came down. Nyonika went to help Ishita while Raj and Raman settled down talking. Manik , Cabir , Abhimanyu were talking about stuffs while Naira was in the Mandir doing preparations for Puja. That's when they heard a door bell. Butlers opened the door welcoming in Navya and her little daughter Radhika.
Navya: Nanduuuuuu kidhar h
That's when Manik notices Nandini running down the stairs looking all beautiful in a classy dress. She managed to make Manik's jaw drop yet again!