Part 40

A week passed ,5 months more to go for the wedding. Time was flying.

The week passed in a jiffy. Everyone was too busy working as much as they can to be free around the wedding. Manik and Nandini did talk on video calls and they even met twice in that week but professionally. Things were going perfect.

Today, the Malhotras as well as the Murthys were meeting at Murthy house to discuss about the venue.

All of them agreed on taking the things slow but steady. They decided to start as soon as possible cause then there would be plenty of time and they could work without stress. Venue was to be decided first. Guest list to be finalized next month while the menu before the wedding as it would not take much time.

Manik and Nandini were talking over phone.

Manik: What type of wedding do you prefer Nandini?

Nandini: Anything Manik, as long as it is with you.

Manik: Ha ha , Cute Nandini but that was not required, you are getting married to me and there is no chance of anyone else in between now. Destination or Traditional?

Nandini: Manik I am telling you na, I never thought about all this sach mein. 

Manik: Ok I believe you. What is an ideal wedding for you but?

Nandini: The place really does not matter but a wedding that reflects love Manik, lights all around, no darkness at all. I mean, I hate darkness in wedding halls, I do not know why. A simple but beautiful wedding . Yeah.

Manik: Half work done. Tell me your favourite place now? Though I know it is your hospital as you say but we cannot have the wedding there na?

Nandini: Seriously? That was not funny Manik.

Manik: Yeah I know. Coming back to the question, your favourite place?

Nandini: I love Santorini . But it is not just my wedding Manik, its yours too .

Manik: Nandini honestly, I love Greece . Santorini is the best we could have. Perfect.

Nandini: Really?

Manik: Yeah, we will talk to mamma papa then today.

Nandini: Hmm till when will you be here?

Manik: I am right now in office , I will be there by 8 probably.

Nandini: Okay, go work Manik, Bye!

Manik: You do not like talking to me or what?

Nandini: Oh yes, you guessed it right. Talking to you is what I hate the most.

She started chuckling saying this.

Nandini: You have work to do, shaam ko aa hi rahe hain na aap, tab tak Bye.

Manik smiled : Bye, I love you.

Nandini: I love you too!

They hung up the call and Nandini went down to assist Ishita with the work.

Ishita: What the hell? Chup chaap let ja upar jaake. Abhi pain hone laga to?

Nandini: Ma I am fine main keh rahi hu na.

Ishita: No one is asking for your opinion Nandu. Up right now.

Nandini scrunched her eyebrows and muttering a Fine went up .

She slept in no time.

Around 6 in the evening, she woke up .She went to freshen up and changed into clothes for the evening . She was deciding what to wear when she got a message from Manik.

"I hope you are up by now. Just wanted you to know, its just Fab-5 and family, be comfortable."

Nandini smiled looking at the message and quickly typed an 'Okay:)'

How can someone not love this guy ah!!!???

Nandini decided to go with a floral print dress.

She went down and sat beside Abhimanyu on the couch resting her head on his shoulders

Abhimanyu kissed her hair.

Abhimanyu: Tired?

Nandini: Naah, just woke up Bhai.

Abhimanyu: Ohho hmm. So how is life?

Nandini: Perfect with you guys around. Bhai kal Sunday hain, let's go on a movie, Please?

Abhimanyu: Nandu please kal nahi na yaar , ghar pe rahenge. I wanna spent time with you behen, hall me tu movie se hatke kuch nahi dekhegi.

Nandini showed him her puppy eyes which ofcourse no one could go against.

Nandini: Please?

Abhimanyu: Fine, sabki tickets karva seta hoon.

Nandini: Sabki kiski?

Abhimanyu: Manik, Fab 5, Navya?

Nandini: Bhai, just me and you for tomorrow.

Abhimanyu looked at her.

Abhimanyu: Bada pyaar aa raha hain, you wanna murder me or show me your vampire side alone or what?

And as he knew what will follow ahead, soon after saying that, he got up and started running.Nandini took some time to register what he said and as she did, the cushion was on Abhi's face.

Nandini: I am planning to show that vampire side today itself. Run for your life Murthy.

Abhimanyu was about to run when he stopped and looked at Nandini who was all ready to catch him.

Abhimanyu: Dare you run Nandu. I am telling you movie cancel. Abhi pet pakad ke baith jayegi isse accha vahi baith ja chup chap.

Nandini sighed and sat on the couch.

Nandini: So for few days, you can tease me to the limit with no consequences to bear?

Abhimanyu came and sat infront of her on his knees.

Abhimanyu: Le khud aa gaya maar le, kya yaad rakhegi tu bhi.

Nandini: Aww, just cause this was too cute, I forgive you .

Both of them started laughing.

Nandini: Deal done for tomorrow?

Abhimanyu: Yessss!

Nandini: Cool, let me go help Mom now.

Abhimanyu: As if she will let you, try your luck but.

Nandini showed him her tongue and left for the kitchen only to come out with head hung low in the next minute.

Abhimanyu looked at her approaching him and chuckled.

Nandini: Umm

Abhimanyu: Ja ja kar na help.

Nandini looked at him and glared at him.

Abhimanyu: You think I am scared, I am not. 

Nandini: Ok fine.

And the bickering continued till the Malhotras and Fab 5 excluding Manik were on the door.