Part 70

Nandini was out of the washroom and the next second,she was pinned to the wall .
"Hi" said Manik grabbing her by her waist while Nandini was shocked due to the sudden act . Looking at him standing there with a smile,she hit him hard over his chest.

"Oww you are not supposed to hit your husband on Lohri atleast" said Manik pulling her closer to him

"Nor are the husbands supposed to do all this to their wives on Lohri" replied Nandini fake smiling at him

"All this? What am I doing?" Asked Manik leaning towards her neck .

"Th..thiss that you are doing right now." Said Nandini with her eyes closed. Not feeling his touch anymore, she opened her eyes to look at him smiling at her with all the love .

" This smile Manik, why don't you smile like this all the time? You look so cute" said Nandini gushing over her man

"That's because I wanna be cute for you and only you. This smile is reserved for my most special girl" said Manik leaning towards her lips while she reciprocated the same . Manik tightened his hold over her waist while her hands rested on his chest. His lips landed on her soft ones. Syncing perfectly with each other,this was their perfect moment. Feeling Nandini breathless, Manik parted and said

"Happy Lohri wifey" said Manik resting his head over hers
"To you too, it's so special already" said Nandini smiling.

__________________

"I want to apologize to all of you. All I thought was that Cabir deserved to know this" said Navya defending herself as all of them were in the living room while the servants were running all over doing preparations for the evening.

"I understand Navya but there was a reason why Cabir knew nothing about it, we did not wish to lose him. I agree he deserved to know the truth but from us and not you" said Nyonika

"I am sorry for that Aunty" said Navya sincerely.

Raj and Nyonika had already had a conversation over this topic where Raj convinced her to do whatever Cabir wishes to , because he did not want to lose Cabir at any cost . What if he would abandon the house if they don't support him and Navya? This thought gave Nyonika's thoughts a whole new turn. She can handle Navya as their daughter in law but not distance from their son

"I don't want to have any more chaos in the family . Navya I am trusting Cabir and so giving you another chance. Don't mess it up please " said Nyonika while Navya smiled and nodded at her

"Manik,Nandini come with me" said Nyonika moving towards the temple of the house.

Manik,Nandini followed her after giving a quick hug to Navya and Cabir congratulating them.

"Because this is your first Lohri, I want you two to do this ritual today" said Nyonika gesturing them to sit beside her.

"Lohri is considered very auspicious for newly weds and new borns. For us, it is more than a festival. Not only is it about celebrating the harvest but also celebrating the joy of life. Nandini and Manik all the jewellery that you are wearing right now , take it off and put it here" said Nyonika gesturing them to put their jewelleries near the idols of God.

"Jewelleries signify glory and wealth. We do this to thank God for all that he has given to us" told Nyonika as Nandini took out her necklace, earrings,bangles and her ring while Manik took out his ring.

Further,Nandini did all that was instructed by Nyonika.
"Hmm exchange your rings again now" said Nyonika while Manik and Nandini obliged.

Taking each other's rings,they looked at each other . Nandini forwarded her hand first followed by Manik.
"Happy Lohri" wished Manik putting the ring in her finger and hugging her sideways while Nandini smiled at him.

"Both of you,hurry up go get changed now. Guests would be here anytime" ordered Nyonika before going into the kitchen.

"She loves Lohri doesn't she?" Asked Nandini as she was observing how happy Nyonika was the whole day

"Hmm she has always had something indescribable for Lohri" replied Manik as he passed his hand to her to help her stand.

They went up and changed in their outfits quickly. Nandini was wearing her pink sharara chosen by Manik while Manik was in a pink outfit. A couple perfectly complimenting each other.

(Nandini's outfit has been given in the last chapter itself:)

"Manik come here, let me do the dressing once more and it would be fine by tomorrow" said Nandini while Manik came and sat infront of her.

Nandini quickly dresses his left injured hand which was fine now. The wounds were dry and they did not need dressing anymore.

________________