Part 39

4 days down but Manan did not have that conversation with each other. Nandini was on bed rest and was better now. Manik was doing all that he could , right from giving Nandini her food , giving her medicines, accompanying her for a morning and an evening walk as advised by the doctor , making her sleep on time. In all, setting the bars high for all the men out there.

Nandini did try to initiate a conversation while Manik just used to dodge it. Not like, he did not talk to Nandini, he did. But it used to be just a answer to any of her questions or instructions.

Nandini was completely fine now keeping aside the sudden jerk pains that came at times but medicines would help that.

Today, Malhotra Mansion:

Raman: Raj, Nandu is well now , we should leave for Murthys now. It's all sorted now and we need to continue with the preparations too na.

Raj: Arey Raj Nandu ko rest chahiye abhi.

Nyonika: I agree, and ghar suna suna ho jata hain uske bina.

Ishita: Nyonika, just few months, phir to yahi rahegi vo with you both.

Nyonika understanding that they both wish to spend some time with Nandini before her marriage agreed followed by Raj too.

Ishita: I will just go and tell Nandu .

Nandini was in the room on the bed while Manik was beside her working on the laptop.

Ishita knocked on the door.

Manik looked at Nandu who was deep in thoughts to not hear the knock.

Manik: Yeah?

Ishita: It's me.

Manik: Ma come in na.

Ishita entered the room with a smile.

Ishita: Nandu.

Nandini came out of her thoughts and looked at her mother.

Nandini: Hmm Mamma.

Ishita: Beta, we need to leave for Murthys today evening. Be ready okay?

Nandini did not know how to react and so she just gave her a smile with a nod.

Ishita left patting her cheeks and passing a smile to Manik.

Nandini sat there looking at Manik for a while and then tried to get up.

Manik: What do you want?

Nandini: I need to pack Manik.

Manik: you don't need to. Rest for some more time, I will do it.

Nandini: It's okay Manik, this is not what you need to do, jo tumhe karna chahiye vo karne ko tum ready nahi ho.

Manik: Jo karna zaruri hain uske liye abhi tum ready nahi ho Nandini.

They were sharing an intense eyelock, reading between the lines.

Nandini: Manik I am leaving today and I really need to talk before going.

Manik without answering her started walking towards the closet.

Nandini: Manik.

Her voice held vulnerability, Manik was not able to take a step ahead. He turned to look at her only to be hugged tightly by Nandini.

He could feel his shirt getting wet.

He immediately wrapped his hands around her waist, no matter what , how, where the situation is and how difficult it is , leaving Nandini to cry alone, not even in his dreams.