Part 22

Nandini: What do u mean by that Manik?

Manik: Nandini listen to me atleast, I will be back soon, I promise

Yes u guys get it?  Manik has to face consequences now telling his fiancee on the day of their engagement that he is leaving for Vegas and expecting Nandini to send him smilingly, happily foolish of Manik,na?

Manik: Nandini problem kya hain?

Nandini: Problem kya hain seriously?  Problem.... Manik it is not like I don't like u going out, its just that u telling it to me today when u r leaving tomorrow? 

Manik with pleading eyes: Accha I am sorry, I just wanted u to enjoy the function and u would not have enjoyed knowing that I am leaving, Sorry na please?

Nandini: Manik I , I don't know.

Manik: Tch come here

And he hugged her she hugged him back too, she needed it.

Nandini: I am sorry, maybe I am overreacting but I am not feeling  nice after knowing this Manik, I don't know,  Something is troubling me.

Manik: You are just overthinking Nandini.

He was kissing her head time to time.

Nandini: I don't know

And she came out of the hug not breaking the eye contact.

Nandini: Kab ki flight hai?

Manik: Afternoon 2.

Nandini nodded.

Nandini started leaving. Manik was looking at her gawkingly he held her wrist as fast as he could.

Manik:Nandini u really think I am going leaving this gloomy face of urs behind?

Nandini looked at him intensely, she somewhere knew something bad was going to happen,  something was troubling her and her  intuitions can't be wrong but for Manik's sake she smiled.

Manik: Not this fake one, the real smile .

Nandini smiled a bit wider.

Manik: Not this too, not ur cup of tea, I know how to bring that smile

And he pulled her to himself, her back on his chest , he started tickling her.

Nandini: What the hell,Stop Stop hahahah Man haha Manikk stop please.

Manik: Promise me u won't be sad now?

Nandini : Manikkk stop first, ok Fine I will try

That's when Manik stopped, Nandini turned to look at him.

Nandini smiled, genuinely.

She came forward and as a reflex Manik brought his lips closer to her, and they shared a kiss. Full of love and care for each other. They broke the kiss after few minutes and smiled.

Nandini hugged him by her arms wrapped around his neck and Manik's arms on her waist.

Nandini: Be careful please.

Manik: Hmmm, I love you

Nandini:   I love u more.

Manik: No I love u more.

Nandini chuckled and nodded.

All elders had left the resort before only cause Cabir told them Manik was telling Nandini about his trip. They knew they needed privacy. It was 3 in the morning already.

Manik and Nandini left too in Manik's car.

They reached Murthy Mansion . It was 4 by now already.

Nandini looked at him and smiled weakly. She had tears in her eyes.

Manik: Please Please don't cry Nandini , We will talk daily, I promise. Urgent nahi hota to would have never gone leaving you.

Nandini: I understand Manik, kal hospital me I have a surgery, drop karne bhi nahi aa paungi, please be safe.

Manik nodded and hugged her.

She hugged him too wiping all the tears.

Manik left dropping her.

Manik in the car and Nandini still on the main gate and it started raining heavily.

Nandini: Why do I feel something is wrong, Why do I feel tumhe dekh nahi paungi ab Manik.

Manik: Something is just not right, Lag raha h tumse dur ja raha hu aur tum mujhse bahot door.

They were into their thoughts when from between the stormy, rainy clouds, the first morning ray of sun touched their faces and both of them felt serene.

Nandini: Whatever it is, we will fight it together.

Manik: Tumse door jaunga kaha aur tumhe door jane dene se raha. We will be strong.

And both entered their mansions smilingly.