113

Present, in India.

"Amayra what are upto this time baby?" asked Manik leaning on the slab beside her.

"Dad, Ishi Nani taught me how to make coffee. I am making it for you" said Amayra making him sigh.

"Amayra, I will make it for Manik. You go and play with your friends" said Nandini trying to convince her but in vain. She still was busy opening the racks to find coffee powder probably.

Nandini nudged Manik to say something to which he just stood beside her not knowing what to say or rather do. He was so bad at convincing Amayra 'not-to-do' something . He had always been the supporting wheel, with her in all she did but this cooking thing tested him always. The first time she tried in the kitchen was on father's day and that was the happiest day for Manik but since then it was almost every third week that she turned up doing something or the else and at times Nandini managed to convince her to withdraw her idea or else they had to stand observing her untill she was satisfied.

Nandini knowing Manik was good for nothing in this situation, passed him a glare before passing Amayra the coffee powder.

The two stood helping her with all that she needed, making sure she was not too close to the gas fire, helping her with the quantity of things and after approximately 20 minutes, Amayra had a grin on her face with a cup of coffee that she passed to Manik while Nandini got busy cleansing the kitchen which was no less than a mishap then.
Manik passed Amayra the best of his smiles, grabbing the cup as she ran away to play after giving him a quick kissie. Then, he looked at Nandini to see her all grumpy still busy cleaning .

Making the intentional slurp sound while sipping on the coffee, he irritated her further as she turned around throwing the cleaning mop cloth on his face .

"What the hell Nandini?" said Manik throwing away the cloth all disgusted.
"That's what you get when you mess with me." said Nandini standing cross armed .

"What did I even do?" asked Manik sipping on the coffee

"Really? Why can you not be a little strict with Amayra Manik. You are just spoiling her trust me" said Nandini seriously and so Manik knew she was dead SERIOUS.
Keeping the cup aside, he stood beside her hugging her by her arms knowing very well what she was talking about.
"I know but.." said Manik only to be interrupted.
"You know how sensitive I am when it comes to her safety. That's our good fortune that till now we have been around her Manik but what if she actually ends up hurting herself when we are not around. Aise stunts hamari absence me jis din try kiye na usne then that's when we would realize we should have had taught her to be a little responsible with her safety long back" said Nandini as Manik wiped off the tears that were now on her cheeks and hugged her tight dropping kisses over her hair.

This was the very reason, a dark that was associated to their daughter, which broke them every single day, which worried them every single day, which always made them realize that not always does happiness stay and as much as people look happy from outside, they may be broken into pieces, fine pieces from within, very reason why they did not wish to have one more child of themselves because they wanted all of their attention to be on and with Amayra.