Part 23

Nandini today was busy in the hospital, she had come early and was busy with back to back surgeries. It was 1 pm already. Nandini decided to call Manik before going into the OT. 

Manik: Heyyy

Nandini though was tired smiled listening his cheerful voice.

Nandini: Done with your packing?

Manik: Yup all set, leaving for airport.

Nandini: Good

Manik: Your surgeries?

Nandini: Done with 2, 5 minutes to go for the last one.

Manik: All the  bestttt

Nandini: Thankyouuu

Nurse: Nandini Maam everything ready.

Nandini: Hmm coming.

Manik: Ok go now, don't worry for me, I will be fine

Nandini: Hmm call me once u reach.

Manik: Okayy ma'am. 

And she was about to keep the phone.

Manik: Nandinii wait

Nandini: Hmmm 

Manik: I love you and I will miss youu really.

Nandini: I will miss u too. I love u, Take care, Bye

Manik: Bye

They put the phone, Manik left for airport while Nandini went for her surgery.

Manik reached and called Nandini, it was night inn India by then. So Manik hung up early keeping in mind Nandini needed to rest.

Manik rested for a while too.

Manik woke up and prepared some presentations, had his food and slept after a while.

next day, Morning in Vegas.

Manik was in the conference room attending a meeting when his phone rang, he smiled seeing the caller ID. It was Nandini . That smile did not go unnoticed by any of his employees.

Manik: Excuse me.

Manik: Hiiiii

Nandini: Hey hey

Manik: Whats up?

Nandini: Dinner done, bed time.You?

Manik: In a meeting.

Nandini; What why are u talking to me then?

Mank: Umm cause I want to, subah se we did not talk vaise bhi family ki calls uthatata hu main..

Nandini sighed: Accha okay now get back to ur meeting, Bye!

Manik: Good Nighttt

Nandini: Sadly, I can't wish u good night right now, All the besttt

Manik chuckled and they hung up.

Manik came back to the table with a refreshed mood.

They finished off with the meeting and Manik returned to his villa.

But Nandini did not sleep after hanging up the call cause she got a call from someone right after that due to which she could not sleep whole night.

1 week passed.

Not once did Nandini answer any calls of Manik just increasing his worries. Manik called Ishita, Raman Abhimanyu too and every time all he heard was she was in hospital, infact she did not come home from the hospital since 2 days.

He had enough now, he decided to return to India finishing off his work as soon as he could.

He landed in Mumbai after a few hours and even before going to his home, he went to the hospital. No one knew Manik had come back.

He reached the hospital and went in the cabin only to see Nandini tired with a cup of coffee in her hands looking into some file.

Manik: NANDINI

Nandini looked up and she was shocked to see him back.  She was vulnerable, how  badly she wanted to go and hug him but she couldn't. Her eyes had already teared up by now.  To avoid her tears from falling, she looked down.

Nandini: When did u come back?

Manik: Shut Up, where were you since 1 week.

Nandini: Where was I?

Manik was hell irritated now, he came towards her and made her stand by holding her wrists,

Manik: Nandini u did not bother to call me since 1 freaking week? Do u even care.

Nandini: Why would I care? I don't leave my hand I need to go for a surgery Manik.

Manik: Nandini what has happened ? Hua kya h?

Nandini: Kuch Nahii hua hain, BAS HAPPY? I am totally fine Manik, please let me go.

Manik: Are u even serious ryt now? U love me and thats enough reason for u to care for me.

Nandini: I don't love you, nor do I want to marry you.

and she left leaving him with nothing to say.

Manik: What the hell, there is something wrong. She can lie her tears can't. Kuch kiya kya maine? Nahi but when we last talked, she was fine.... UGHHHHH. 

he left after a minute, he was about to enter his car and leave

A Wardboy came in with a paper in his hands.

Wardboy: Sir from Nandini ma'am.

Manik took it and read it.

"I AM SORRY, I LOVE YOU"

Manik was confused now.

Manik: What is that supposed to mean. Pehle lad rahi h ab itna pyaara sa  note. What on earthhh is happening duh>

Manik with that paper left for his mansion. He discussed everything with his family.

Nyonika: Kuch to hua h, meri bacchi aisa kyu bolegii.

Raj: Someone is blackmailing her maybe. Manik don't worry just make sure u are not around Nandini in public.  Office me usne tumse aise baat ki and when u were alone tab usne ye paper bheja, something is wrong I will talk to Raman.

Manik: Dad but I can't sit doing nothing. Nandini is being blackmailed, that isn't something I can stay calm about.

Cabir: Bhai but if u meet her,  it might just create more troubles, I will call her and let u know how u can talk to her okay?

Manik nodded and went up to his room.

He laid down on his bed sleep far off from his eyes.

Manik: I am not letting u go away from me.