Chapter 60

A/N: second to last chapter vibes....

John's POV:

Me, Alex, the Washington's, and my siblings are all riding in Mr. Washington's car on our way to graduation. I'm excited, to say the least, but also very nervous. It's a big change, you know? Going from living at home, or in my case Alex's home, to a dorm. Going from high school to college. Going from a teen to adult. It's a lot of change. But hopefully for the better.

My thoughts are interrupted when someone speaks up. "So son, John, are you two happy that all you're friends are going to the same college as you?" Mr. Washington asks from the front seat.

"I totally am, considering I've only known them all for a year. I want to have them as friends for a long time, ya know? Also, hopefully I get dormed with John..." Alex answers from my lap, chuckling at the end. I smile and kiss his lips. There was only three seats in the back so someone had to sit on someone's lap. It was gonna be little Martha on James's lap, but I like it better this way.

"Get a room, you two.." James gags. I roll my eyes at him and Alex shuffles in my lap, emitting a small gasp from my mouth, making me having to hold him still. He goes red and immediately apologizes, to which I just kiss him and tell him it's okay. James just stares at us in disgust before just looking out the window.

We eventually arrive at our high school and everyone climbs out of the car. Me and Alex's family wish us luck and we make our way backstage with our friends.

"John! Alex, mon amour!" Lafayette exclaims. I look at him confused when he says my love and then look over at Alex who's running up to him and herc. "Laffy! Herc! I've missed youuu" The confusion never leaves my face as they hug and Alex gets pecked on the cheek by both of them.

"Um, hello, your boyfriend here?" I say to Alex, waving my hand in front of his face. He looks up to the two older boys who just chuckle to each other before leaving their embrace. "Sorry Jacky. Do you want some love too?" He asks, looking up at me with loving eyes. I pout and cross my arms.

"No, no, I guess you found two new boyfriends that you like better than me..." I say, keeping up with the sad facade. "Aw don't be like that, John." Herc says, laf snuggled next to him. Alex frowns softly and gets on his tiptoes to kiss me on the cheek. I decide to keep pouting, to see how long he'll keep interest.

"Jacky...." He mutters, poking my side a few times. I huff but sneak a glance down at my boyfriend. Lafayette whispers something to Hercules who then nods. The two suddenly walk up to me. They share one last glance with each other before pecking me on both sides of my cheeks. I let my arms drop out of their crossed position before wiping the kisses off with sounds of disgust.

"Now we're even?" Alex asks hopefully, wrapping his arms around my tall figure. I shrug but can't help smiling and hug back. "Oh, how can I stay mad at you? Cutie." I say happily. He beams at me and I lean down to give him a kiss which he gladly returns.

"Damn, laffy why aren't we that cute?" Herc asks his boyfriend.

"Because we're way cuter, mon amour." The shorter boy says with a grin, wrapping his arms around Herc's neck before planting a kiss on his lips. I gag and pull my lexi closer as our teacher finally comes to get everyone.

I walk out onto the stage with Alex's hand intwined with mine and Peggy comes up to us. "Gaybies." She whispers in my ear. I glare at her and all of our classmates sit on seats that are at the back of the large stage. Names start getting called and teens go up to grab their certificates.

"Thomas Jefferson."

"Nina Rosario." The crowd screams and shouts, especially four women in the back.

"Charles Lee.

"Elizabeth Schuyler."

"Alexander Hamilton." All of our friends erupt into cheers and I release Alex's hand so he can walk up and grab his certificate. Being extra like always, he takes it and bows to the crowd. I roll my eyes lovingly and congratulate him once he comes back to his seat.

"Johnathan Laurens." My friends and the crowd cheers but I can barely hear them over the sound of my own heartbeat. I take a deep breath and walk up to grab the slip of paper. I make my way back to the seat and memories of this year flood into my mind.

Meeting Alex.
"I'm alexander by the way, I'm new here." He extends his hand I shake it.
"Nice to meet you, I'm John. Welcome to hell I mean- our school."

The parties.
It's finally my turn and I reluctantly pick up the beer bottle and spin in smoothly. I see it beginning to slow down before it comes to a complete stop. I slowly look up to see it landed on..Alex?

Our first kiss.
He puts his finger up to my mouth to silence me. I feel my face heat up as he closes the space between us. I gasp lightly and kiss him back. He intertwines his fingers in my hair and keeps the kiss going. I smile into the kiss and wrap my hands around his waist as he wraps his around my neck.

Francis and Reynolds.
"You keep behaving like this and I'll treat you much worse when we get home. Got that?" "F-Francis?" "Miss me, doll?"

A lot of things happened this year, good and bad. Alex is definitely the best thing that happened to me this year. Maybe even the best thing that's ever happened to me.