Chapter 57

A/N: special shout-out to my wife -fandomdisaster and my daughter who introduced us: Pan_ic_Attacked <3

Two days until graduation

Alex's POV:

When I got home from Lafayette's last night -after being attacked by him for saying baguette so much and herc having to break us up- John was already in my room.

I had snuggled into his side trying to cheer up his clearly shitty mood. His mood didn't change much, as all he did was give me a small smile before it dropped again.

I asked him what happened and John just said his father's the same asshole he always was. I pretty much picked up the fact he didn't want to talk about it and dropped the subject altogether.

But anyways, we're at lunch right now and later the whole gang is going to go shopping for stuff for our grad party. It's gonna be hosted at Peggy's. Am I mildly concerned about Eliza? Yes. Am I gonna let it ruin my night? Nope.

"What even is this shit- mildew?" John asks sarcastically, stabbing a plastic fork into something that looks like meatloaf.

Peggy scoops up a piece of it with a unappetizing squelch. She brings it up to her nose and sniffs it lightly. She gags immediately and dramatically drops her fork onto the tray. "It smells like you, Jacky." She comments.

Everyone at the table snickers, including me even though John smells weirdly good all the time. "Wow, okay. I see how it is." John says, pouting and crossing his arms. We start apologizing half-heartedly.

"No, no! I see how it is. And here I thought y'all were my friends. Not to mention my boyfriend. This is my villain backstory." I giggle and wrap my arm around his side. "Sorry jacky." I say through giggles. He smiles down at me and kisses my cheek, pulling me into his lap.

He makes some remark that he could never stay mad at my cute face, earning a soft giggle and blush from me. "Get a room, ya nasties." Herc says from the other side of the table. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at him like the child I am.

"So for the theme of the grad party I was thinking yellow and black?" Peggy says, looking around the table for reactions.

"You only want that because it's your favorite color, mon amie. How about silver and gold?" Laf offers. I shake my head. "Too fancy. Any other ideas?" Everyone ponders a moment before John gasps. We all look over at him expectedly.

"I have the best idea. How about rainbow? Because ya know, we're all gay as hell?" I shake my head lovingly at him until I realize he's serious. Peggy seems totally on board, of course.

"It's not the worst idea," Hercules starts. "Plus it'll just be us, Jefferson and James, and Lee and Charles. It could work." I glare lightly at the mention of Lee's name and I feel John tense slightly. I'm still a little salty about the kissing situation. We don't talk about it though.

"Jefferson's coming? Why?" I whine, sulking leaning back into Johns chest. "He's a nice dude, Alex. He hasn't done anything particularly bad since, um, those two been locked up. Give him a chance." We all know who herc is talking about. Francis and Reynolds.

None of us ever bring it up for the sake of John, because he always hates it. And I can tell he does right now. His leg starts bouncing lightly under the table anxiously, making me also bounce slightly. I flush red and grab onto Johns knees softly, telling him to stop. He apologizes when he realizes I'm still in his lap and slides me off.

I drop the whole Jefferson argument and we all get to our next classes. I sit next to theodosia and this boy Nathaniel green. "Hi Alexander!" The latter says sweetly. I smile to her and wave.

She's pretty nice I suppose. Her and Aaron are really cute together. She smiles contently and pulls one of her braids behind her ear before turning to what the teacher's saying.

————————————————————————
3rd person POV:

"Okay gays, we need to split into teams because we have hella stuff to get. Laf and I are the captains!" Peggy announces as they all stand outside of party city.

"Oui, okay. Peggy you choose first."

"JOHN! Sorry I mean, John's on my team."
John rolls his eyes but walks over to Peggy's side, who then jumps onto his back without warning, making them both tumble over. They quickly recover and John helps Peggy back on his back.

"Since we have an uneven number of people I get three, because I'm the best, obviously. Herc and alexandre are on my team." The two make their way over to Lafayette's side.

"Nooo! You can't steal my boyfriend like that," John argues, adjusting Peggy on his back so she doesn't slide off. "Just did, mon ami." Laf says, blowing a kiss John's  way. He huffs and waves it away.

"Calm down, gays. Anyways, me and john will go get balloons and streamers. You guys get the rest, Mk?" The group all agrees and Alex walks over to give John a quick peck on the lips before making his way into the store with mullette.

"They keep stealing my boyfriend." John whines, leading Peggy down the balloon isle. "There, there, Jacky. You'll get your lil boyfriend back soon." She says, patting his curly ponytail, making John roll his eyes.

"He is pretty small. And adorable." He chuckles. Peggy makes a weird face and gags. "That's gay, bro." She teases, hopping down and grabbing a bag of red balloons. "Yeah so are you," John shoots back, grabbing orange and yellow.

~~~

"Baguette, since you're tall as hell and herc is busy can you grab those rainbow plates up there- okay ow." Alex asks, earning a glare and the plates to be thrown at his head. "I should've gone with John.." He mumbles sarcastically.

"Aw, I'm sorry wexi," laf teases with a grin. "I'll make it up to you, come 'ere." The Frenchman says, opening up his arms. Alex huffs and lets laf wrap his arms around him. "And John said we're stealing his boyfriend. His just stole mine." Herc groans. Alex pulls back and looks innocently up at the latter, opening up his arms as well.

"Group hug?" He offers quietly.

Herc rolls his eyes and smiles before wrapping his arms around both of the smaller boys. Herc and laf both bend down and leave a platonic kiss on Alex's cheek, making him giggle. "Johnny'll be mad." He declares. Laf smiles mischievously. "I'll be sure to tell him then." The three start laughing and quickly grab the rest of their supplies.

They all meet up at checkout, pulling up both of their carts which are full of party stuff. "How was y'all's shopping trip?" John asks, kissing Alex on the cheek.

"Successful, me and laffy kissed your manz." Herc chirps, getting a high five and a grin from Lafayette. John looks over to Alex and glares half-heartedly. Alex just looks up at him and innocently flutters his eyelashes. "Sorry Jacky." He mumbles. John kisses the top of his head and glares at herc and laf who put their hands up in defense. "It's okay, baby. I'll keep you away from those big bad men."

Alex giggles and they all pay, and by all I mean Peggy and Alex because they're rich boyos and make their way to Johns car. John hops in the drivers seat and Alex sits next to him, with the rest of the group in the back.

"You still love me more, right?" John whispers in Alexander's ear. Alex looks over at him confused and cups his cheeks softly before planting a sweet kiss to his lips. He pulls back after about 10 seconds. "Of course I do, Jacky, I  love you so so much." He assures softly.

John smiles and nods, turning the key in the ignition.

"I love you so much." John says, chucking.

"I love you more," he argues.

"I love you most."

A/N: I'm sorry but I love herc, lafs and Alex's dynamic sm. Idk why