Chapter 22

Johns POV:

"And then he s-said he still wants to be friends!" I say through sniffles.

"It's okay, John. There, there. At least you still have him in your life, right?" Peggy says, trying to comfort me.

"I g-guess, but I want him to be more than just a friend! All I asked was to officially talk, and he said no! I thought I was picking up a v-vibe that he liked me but clearly not. I don't blame him. I wouldn't like me either."

Peggy glares at me and smacks me upside the head lightly. "You're amazing John. You have these cool freckles, rare green eyes, and curls to die for. If you think you're anything else than beautiful you better just get that idea outta your mind right now before I slap it out."

I chuckle a little bit and hug Peggy. "Thanks pegs." She hugs me back and I hear my phone go off.

Youngscrapy: John, can we talk?

JohnnyJohnny: yeah okay

Youngscrapy: I'm sorry I said no. I do like you, it's just Eliza asked me out.

JohnnyJohnny: oh you said yes?

Youngscrapy: Yeah...I'm sorry, John.

JohnnyJohnny: its fine alex i swear

Youngscrapy: Do you wanna meet up later, maybe? Mrs. Washington wants to formally meet you.

JohnnyJohnny: yeah okay sure :) see ya alex

Youngscrapy: Bye

"See everything's normal. You still get to hang out with him and everything! And hey, maybe you can woo him."

I chuckle a little and smack her arm lightly. "Yeah, right." I say, rolling my eyes. "Ya never know johnny boi."

He would never ask me out.

Would he?