Chapter 56

3rd person POV:

Three days until graduation

Since John had to go down to the police department for information about his dad, Alex decided to go hang out with Hercules and laf at Lafayette's house. "'Ome, sweet 'ome." He said in his thick French accent as they pulled up at the pretty, one-story, light blue house. Herc chuckled at his boyfriends adorable accent and gave him a quick peck before they all hopped out of the car.

"Your house smells like baguettes, laf." Alex stated as they entered the home, making Hercules snicker and laf scoff. "That makes non sense, Alexander." Alex rolls his eyes and makes himself at home on the couch.

"Your house smells like baguettes, you look like a baguette, I might as well start calling you baguette." He continues. Hercules chuckles and leads himself and Lafayette toward the couch. "Say baguette one more time and I'll shove a baguette up your hairy-"

"Okay! Enough of that! Baby, Alex, what do you two want to watch?" The Irish man cut in, making sure no baguettes were shoved up anywhere. "Heathers! Heathers, please 'ercules, babe pleaseee?" Lafayette pleads. Herc huffs out a laugh and leans in and kisses laf softly and sweetly before pulling back. "Anything for you baby boy." He says cooly, earning a giggle from laf as he snuggles into his boyfriends side.

The shortest boy of the group lets out a dramatic, loud noise of disapproval. Hercules sighs and laf peeks out from his chest. "Something wrong?" The Frenchman asks. Alex nods rapidly. "Yes! You and herc are acting all couple-like. I miss Jacky!" He whines. Herc and laf chuckle.

"Oh, poor poor you. Wanna join the hug or somethin'?" Hercules asks jokingly. Alex thinks for a moment. "Sure!" He answers. Laf shakes his head disappointedly but still opens his arms for Alex to slide into. Alexander lays on laf's chest and laf lays on herc's. Not as comfy as John. He thinks. Hercules turns on heathers and the three watch contently until Alex ruins the silence.

"Laf, you feel like a baguette-"

"Alexandre, I swear to god!"

————————————————————————

John sighs as he walks into the cold police station. He shudders and pulls his jacket closer around himself. He walks up to a officer wondering around. "Excuse me, I'm here for information about my father, Henry Laurens. He was brought in yesterday." He says politely. The officer nods and leads him to a cushioned bench.

"Here, stay here Mr. Laurens. We'll get your father ready for visiting. He'll tell you everything. Would you like another officer in the room with you two?" John nods and thanks the policeman, not wanting to be alone with his father. After a moment or two of waiting the cop comes back and leads John to a small visiting room.

He walks in and is met with the cold stare of his dad. "Jack." Henry says emotionless. "Henry." John replies equally as hostile. "How are your siblings?" He asks with a straight face, staring directly into his sons eyes. "Better without you." John answers, looking over his fathers pale skin and purple eye bags. "You look like shit." He says bluntly.

"You're fucking lucky they got me cuffed up, boy." His dad growls, pulling against the cuffs that are connected to his chair. John doesn't flinch, he just stares at him, unimpressed. "Uh huh. Let's cut to the chase, because I have a boyfriend to get home to. What the hell did you do?"

Henry's face twists into disgust and disapproval. "I always knew you were a fucking fa-" John cuts him off before he has to head those overused words from his father. "I'll repeat myself. What the hell did you do?"

The older Laurens man takes a deep angry breath. "It was all your stupid cousin, Justin. He wanted some fuckin' I don't know, weed or something for this girl Naomi. Well I helped him out, got him some stuff, next thing I know, the bitch is a undercover cop! So now I'm here."

John rolls his eyes and scoffs. "Dumbass." He mutters, earning a snicker from the officer in the corner of the room. "Well. That's tough. I'll be going now. Wait- what happened to Justin?"  He asks, suddenly worried. "Three years. He fell guilty to the felony." John takes a gulp and nods, making his way out the door.

"Say hi to your fag boyfriend. Don't bother visiting."

"Wouldn't dream of it."