Chapter 39

Alex's POV:

Me and John are sitting on my bed watching Moana like always when I remember the question I had for him before he...ya know got kidnapped.

"Hey john?" He peers over to me. "Hm?" I take a deep breath. "Um...uh..." I hop of the bed and kneel in front of him, pretending to open a ring box. He smiles brightly and pink tints his cheeks.

"John, no middle name, Laurens. I've liked you for about five months now. When you were gone I felt so lost without you. You make me feel things I've never felt before. Even just you looking at me gives me butterflies. Would you make me the happiest Alexander Hamilton in the world and be my boyfriend?"

He smiles even wider and helps me off the floor before taking my face in his hands and kissing me passionately. I melt into it but pull back. "So that's a yes?" I ask hopefully. He rolls his eyes. "Yes. I would love to be your boyfriend." I smile at this and get on my tiptoes before kissing him again.

I hear the door open and we pull away quickly. Martha, Johns little sister, stands in the doorway holding her stuffed unicorn. She gasps and covers her mouth. "Mr. Alex, you and bubba kiss?" She asks me, walking over to us. I stammer and look at Alex who shakes his head. "Um, no, we were just...hugging?" She looks unimpressed with me and crosses her arms.

"Mr. Alex stop lying. Jacky I know you like him, you're always at his house! I won't tell Henry." Damn, she's smart for a five year old. She even calls her dad Henry. "Fine. Me and Alex like each other." She gasps again and giggles before running around the room in circles.

"I knew it, I knew it, I knew itttt!" She giggles, throwing the unicorn into the air and catching it multiple times. "Okay, okay, you were right. Now go play in your room me and Alex are inviting friends over and I don't want you to bother them." She pouts but runs out of the room still chanting 'I knew it'.

"She's adorable." I coo, and John puts a hand on his heart playfully. "Hey, what about me?" He pouts. I giggle, knowing he just wants kisses. "Yeah, yeah, you're pretty alright too." I say playfully he huffs but allows me to peck him on the cheek.

He pulls out his phone and tells me that he's texting our friends I nod and get a notification from the group chat.

Da gang😗✌️

Johnnyjohnny: guys come over to Alex's pleaseee

And pegGAY: hol up you're home and didn't tell us?

Upinitlovinit: JOHNS BACK YAY

Large baguette: Welcome back, mon ami. Me and herc will be over in a few.

JohnnyJohnny: sorry for not telling you i just got back last night and was tired

Johnnyjohnny: also you and herc huh? together are we?

And pegGAY: tea? 🤠

Upinitlovinit: WE'RE NOT TOGETHER

Large baguette: pas encore du moins

I chuckle knowing that it means 'not yet at least' in French. I ship them.

Johnnyjohnny: youre lucky i don't speak bauguette

And pegGAY: same

Upinitlovinit: I thought it was Chinese

Large baguette: herc- oh my lord

Youngscrapy: You two are cute or whatever.

Johnnyjohnny: oh speaking of cute

John looks over to me. "Can we tell them? About you know, us?" He asks, I nod happily and he smiles.

And pegGAY: spill

Johnnyjohnny: me and Alex are uh together

Upinitlovinit: NO REALLY

Large baguette: You really can't go one day without talking in caps, can you? Also mon amies we already know

And pegGAY: we figured with the whole pic of you gays kissing

Youngscrapy: Well we weren't together then, so.

Johnnyjohnny: yeah he just asked me out like ten mins ago

And pegGAY: wow I always thought John you would ask him out good job Alex

Upinitlovinit: GOOD JOB ✨

Youngscrapy: Uh thanks. Anyways, Johns siblings are here so don't like talk about bad stuff near them ya know?

Johnnyjohnny: aw youre so responsible and cute

And pegGAY: y'all are so gay im living for it

Large baguette: You two are very cute

Upinitlovinit: YAY GAY

Johnnyjohnny: shut up hoes also herc are you even in the alphabet mafia?

And pegGAY: yeah cuz I thought you were the one straightie here

Large baguette: I've also wanted to know this

Upinitlovinit: Oh uh I mean no I'm not straight? I don't exactly know what I am uh maybe bi or pan maybe gay? I just know I like boys but I've only dated a girl before but that's a long story

Youngscrapy: Oh my god he didn't talk in caps. Also, you guys really couldn't tell he wasn't straight? I've known him like two years less than all of you and I already knew that he liked boys

Johnnyjohnny: well i always just assumed he was straight because i only met his girlfriend Elizabeth what was it?

Large baguette: Yeah Elizabeth Sanders

Upinitlovinit: that was like two years ago yall shoulda asked my sexuality

And pegGAY: guess it never occurred sorry herc

Upinitlovinit: it's okay we're headed over now

And pegGAY: me too

Johnnyjohnny: okay see y'all here

Youngscrapy: yeah see ya