Chapter 37

Alex's POV:

I wake up and yawn. I look over at me and for the first time for three weeks John is there laying next to me. I smile at this and kiss his forehead lightly. I want to wake him up but instead I just lay on my side and look at him.

His freckles all over his face which, surprisingly, aren't over his chest. Just some light ones on his arms. His eyelashes are dark and long and perfect. Suddenly his eyes flutter open and I quickly close mine so I look asleep.

"Wake up, sleepyhead." He says, poking my cheek. I pretend to yawn and stretch. "Wha- what time is it?" I ask between fake yawns. He rolls his eyes fondly and smiles. "How long have you been awake?" I blush at this and pretend to look confused.

"W-what ever do you mean?" I say with an innocent smile. He scoffs playfully and pushes my arm. "I know you, Alex. You've been awake looking at meeeee. Creeeep." He says playfully. I put a hand on my chest and gasp. "That's preposterous! I would never!" He giggles and slides off the bed.

"Come on, we gotta get up so we can go get my siblings." I whine and slide off the bed too, not as gracefully as John seeing as I landed on the floor with a loud bang. "Owie..." I say, rubbing my butt. "There, there." He says, patting my head. I glare at him and hop off the floor.

~timeskip to downstairs~

Johns POV:

"Good morning, Mrs. Washington." Alex says as we sit down at the table. "Morning dear, good morning John." I smile. "Good morning Martha." She hands us our plate of bacon and eggs and we thank her.

Mr. Washington comes over to the table. He sits and looks at Alex, then me, then Alex again. "So, son. I wanted to talk to you." Alex gulps and nods. "You and John?" I feel Alex's leg start bouncing up and down from next to me so I put my hand on his knee to calm him. He takes my hand and intertwines our fingers, stopping the bouncing.

"W-what about us?" Mr. Washington stares blankly at us and clears his throat. "I don't know what you kids are doing these days but but when I was your age, best friends didn't used to kiss...any explaining to do?" Alex pauses. I feel his nervousness so I pipe up.

"That wasn't us, sir." Alex snorts and Mr. Washington stares at me. "I saw you two, though." I shake my head. "Well, wasn't us." Alex tries to hold in his giggles and Mrs. Washington just shakes her head lovingly and smiles.

"Well it- it was obviously you two. Alex ran over and kissed you John. We were all there!" I smirk and fake gasp before looking at Alex. "Lex! You kissed someone? And you didn't tell meeee? Is he at least cuts?" Alex giggles and nods. "Yes, very cute. Also you can't get mad at me, you got kissed and didn't tell me. Is he cute?" I chuckle and nod. "Yes, he's so cute and smol and grumpy. Like a little chihuahua."

Alex glares at me for a moment before we both turn back to Mr. Washington. "Yeah, wasn't us. Sorry Mr. Washington we really must get going." Mr. Washington looks dumbfounded and Martha speaks up. "Go where?" I look over at Alex who's eyes widen.

"Oh, shit, I forgot to ask. Johns dad is...away on a business trip. Can his siblings James and Martha stay here for a couple weeks?" Mr. Washington glances over to his wife who nods. He clears his throat. "That's fine, son. They can have the guest bedrooms. Also, we're not finished talking about this." I thank them and drag Alex out the door to get my siblings.