Chapter 55

Alex's POV:

"My father was arrested."

I stifle a laugh because I hate the homophobe, but I immediately stop smiling when I see Johns expression. "Oh, I'm...sorry." I say, I suck at comforting people. He shakes his head and rests it in his hands.

"Well, what did he do? To get arrested I mean." I attempt. "I don't know exactly. Something about drugs? I have to go to the police station later..." he mumbles into the palms of his hands. "Do you want me to come..?" He immediately pulls his face away from his hands, shaking his head hurriedly.

"No! I don't want you to meet him. Sorry." He snaps. I since and nod understandingly. John rubs the back of his neck sheepishly before reaching out to hold my hand. I comply and rub his knuckles soothingly. "I'm sorry for snapping. This is just unexpected. I don't even know why I'm upset! The man's a douchebag. I guess it's just because he's the only parent I had left. I don't know. I'm not a legal adult until October, and the kids-" I cut him off with a kiss.

"Jacky. It'll be okay, I'll talk to the Washington's. See what they can do. It'll be okay, promise." I comfort softly. He gives me a small smile and pulls me in for a hug. "Thank you, baby." He mutters into my shirt. I smile and wrap my arms around him. "You're welcome. I love you." I feel him tense a little bit. "I- love you too." I smile like a goof and pull back from the hug to give him a kiss. He smiles into the kiss as class gets dismissed.

Maria's pov:

I pace around my room, trying to get ready for my date with Peggy. "Ari! Relax!" My younger sister, Marie exclaims with a scoff. "Here, wear this." She says, throwing me some clothes. A black sleeveless tube top, black shorts, black fishnets, and a red bomber jacket complete with a red lace choker. I smile, impressed at her choice and go into the bathroom to change.

I come back out and do a little turn, her clapping in return. "Damn, sis! You clean up nice. Better get outta here if you wanna be on time for the date." She says, wiggling her eyebrows at the end. I giggle and give her a hug before racing downstairs.

"Maria! Leaving for your date?" I hear my dad say from the couch. I nod happily. "Okay. You look nice, tell Peggy I said hi. Have fun!" I smile brightly and wave goodbye to him before hopping in my car and driving off to Peggy's house, the smile on my face never faltering.

I arrive at the schuyler mansion and gape at the sight. It's gorgeous. I walk up and knock on the door, humming a soft tune with a smile. A girl in a pink dress answers. "Hello. You must be Maria! I'm Peggy's sister, Angelica. Come in, she's upstairs." I thank her with a curt nod and let Angelica lead me up the marble staircase.

She points to the door with a painting of a sunflower on it, the name Peggy under it. I chuckle under my breath at the childish decoration and knock politely. My beautiful date opens the door after a moment and smiles widely.

"Mar, you're here! I have to finish getting ready but you can wait on my bed." She giggles, grabbing my hand softly and leading me to her yellow comforter covered bed. She grabs her clothes and heads to the bathroom. I lay back on the white pillows with a happy sigh.

Peggy comes out of the bathroom a few minutes later wearing a simple but cute outfit. A cropped yellow hoodie with a small sunflower in the middle, black jeans, yellow vans, and her hair pulled back in its signature ponytail. She giggles cutely and motions to the door.

"Ready to go? You look great by the way." She notices is. I grin at her and nod. "You too. And yup, let's go!" I intertwine our fingers and lead her back down the stairs. "Bye Margarita!" Mr. schuyler announces. "Bye dad!" She squeaks.

We sing heathers in my car as we drive to Olive Garden together. We arrive and I open the door for her. She giggles and takes my hand in hers as we walk through the pasta-smelling restaurant. "Right this way," the waiter says. We take our seats and order some ice teas as I try to make some small talk.

"So you really like sunflowers huh?" I start, pointing to her hoodie. She smiles softly and nods. "Yeah. Me and my mom used to always plant sunflowers in our garden when I was really little. It was kind of our thing. Also I just really like yellow." Peggy explains, smiling at the memory and chuckling softly at the end.

I nod understandingly. "Your mom's not around?" She shakes her head. "No. She left my dad and moved to England when I was about 11. It's just me, my dad and my sister now."

"My mom's not around either. Speaking of sisters, I met your sister Angelica earlier, is she your only sister?" I question. She shakes her head. "Nope! I have four sisters, but only two live with me. Eliza and Angelica. The other two, Cornelia and Catherine went with my mom." I make an o shape with my mouth and nod.

Our food arrives and we eat, making small talk every now and then. After we finish Peggy pays, with much insisting on her end.

"Thank you for taking me out, I had a great time!" She comments with her usual grin on her face. "Me too, thanks for agreeing to cone with me, peg." She blushes and looks at the floor. She suddenly wraps her arms around me, softly hugging me. I smile as she rests her head on my shoulder. I pull back and we just stare into each others eyes for a moment. I lean closer to her and the shorter girl flutters her eyes closed. I connect our lips and she wraps her arms around my neck. We pull back after a moment, both of us smiling like Dorks and a pink tinting our cheeks lightly.

She hops out of my car and shuts the door behind her. "Bye, mar. I'll see you Monday." I smile and wave to her. "Bye, Peggy." She smiles back at me and struts to the front door. I grin with a small , happy sigh before driving off.

A/N: the meggy is real with this chapter