Chapter 52

Alex's POV:

I'm helping Mrs. Washington start dinner when I hear the front door open and close loudly. I put down the ingredients for tacos and walk over to the door. I see John with his hair out of its ponytail, cheeks red and tears pricking his eyes.

I frown and take his hand, leading him upstairs after I yell to Mrs. Washington I'll be right back. He slumps on the bed and I sit next to him.

"What's wrong, Jacky?" He sniffles and crosses his arms. "That therapist was an asshole!" He yells. I wince at the noise and reach out to hold his hand. He pulls back and uses it to wipe his eyes off.

"I'm sure he didn't mean to be ru-"

"He was victim blaming me, Alex!" He wails. I frown as anger boils in me. "He what?!" John nods and sniffles. "He was saying I let Reynolds touch me because I didn't care! When I was talking about Reynolds sexually assaulting me he said it's not assault because I let him, and I liked it! That's not true! I- I didn't want him to do it! I didn't, I didn't, I didn't!" He sobs.

"I know it's not true. I know you didn't like it." I say, trying to calm him down he sniffles and wipes away and tears that are falling, before letting me hold his hand. I gladly take it and intertwine our fingers comfortingly.

"I h-hated it Alex. So much. I just wanted him to stop touching me. I didn't want to t-tell you this but at one point he...actually did it." my heart sank to my stomach. "He got that far?" I ask, tears coming to my eyes. He nods solemnly as his tears threaten to fall.

"I'm so sorry. I really tried to stop him. I begged him not to. I even let him touch me so he wouldn't go any farther. Please don't be mad. Please don't-" He begs before I cut him off.

"John..I'm not mad. Why would I be mad? You shouldn't be apologizing. I'm the one who's sorry. Sorry you had to go through that. Sorry I wasn't there for you. Sorry that therapist was a dick. I'll find you a new one, and I'll talk to Martha because she said her therapist friend was a girl.."

I say, confused. He also looks confused. "Oh, um, the therapists name was Thomas Conway." I scrunch I'm my eyebrows. "Weird..I'll talk to her about it. I have to go help Mrs. Washington make dinner. Wanna watch something in here while I do?" I propose.

He nods a bit and grabs the remote of the dresser before flopping down on my bed. "I'll be down in a bit." He says, giving me a small smile. I smile as well and walk over to peck him on the lips. "I lo- um, have fun." I say, catching myself. Ugh, really gotta work on that. "Thanks." He says smiling with a small blush.

Seaburys pov:

"Sam, hand me the remote."

"Yes s- charlie." I respond, reaching over and grabbing the remote before handing it to Charles. "Thanks, baby." I smile and nod as I lean into his chest. We start watching our favorite show stranger things and I hear my phone chime.

I sigh and sit up from my comfortable spot on his lap and snatch my baby blue phone. Charles kisses my back softly making me smile. I open the messages tab and see my ex texted me.

George👑 : sammy I miss you

George 👑: please reply

George 👑: I miss us

I stare wide eyed at the screen and reluctantly start typing back.

Samuel 🌊 bury: I don't

George 👑: please sammy baby I've changed

I huff and Charles sits up. "What's up, Sammy?" I sigh and show him my phone. He glares at it and asks if he can reply. I agree and he takes it.

Samuel 🌊 bury: no you haven't you abusive little fuck. Don't talk to my sam again or It'll be on site you British bastard

He smiles contently at what he types and hands it back to me. I read it and giggle softly while rolling my eyes. I block the number and shut my phone off before leaning back into Charles.

"You know I wouldn't go back to him right?" I ask after a moment. He smiles and runs his hand through my hair. "I know, baby boy. I love you." I giggle as he wraps his arms around me. "I love you too charlie."

A/N: okay but can I get a hallelujah for leebury