All Of My Children

Start from the beginning

"Come." Elijah said after a while and we followed him. 

We stopped near a big bunch of rocks, Elena staying a bit far behind. "Do you know this place too?" She asked. 

"I do." He said. "Below us is a cavern I used to play in as a boy, connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area." He said. "Perhaps it's nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon."

"You better never show this place to Jayden, or else I'll never find him." I joked and Elijah chuckled. 

"My mother said there must be a balance."

I could see that Elena was starting to seem a bbit uncomfortable. She definitely knew something we didn't. "You okay, Elena?" I asked.

"Elijah, Amelia, I should probably go home." She said. 

"I admire you, Elena." Elijah said, as he stood up. "You remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us. It's not in your nature to be deceitful, and yet when I asked about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face." 

I looked at Elena confused. "You met with Esther?" I asked her. 

Elena sure didn't expect Elijah to say any of that because she seemed taken back. "That's not true." She said and she looked at me, shaking her head. "I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start."

"I can hear your heartbeat." Elijah told her. "It jumps when you're being dishonest with me. You lied to me at the ball. You're lying to me now. Tell me the truth. As a matter of fact, tell us the truth because whatever affects us, affects your sister as well." 

"I never wanted this to happen." She said quietly as she looked at me with sad eyes.

"What are you talking about, Elena?" I asked her. "What is Esther planning?" 

"We were told that whatever was gonna be in that coffin was gonna kill Klaus." She told us and rolled my eyes. "When we found out that it was your mother... we didn't know what to think."

"Since her return, she said she only wants her family whole again." Elijah said and I could tell he was confused and so was I. 

"When she asked to see me, I---" Elena started, but she hesitated.

"You what, Elena?" I asked loudly.

She sighed and looked at me. "I thought that maybe she could help, that she would find a way to kill Klaus. It's not just Klaus that she wants to kill." She revealed.

"She wants to kill us all, doesn't she?" Elijah asked, already knowing the answer. "She wants to undo the evil she created. And prevent any more from being created." He said and looked at me. 

"I'm so sorry, Elijah and Amelia." Elena said. "I wish there was something I could do to help."

"You know, one thing I've learned in my time on this earth... be careful what you wish for." He said and looked at Elena. 

I backed up, knowing that he was going to do something to her. He slammed his foot on the ground and a big hole opened up. He grabbed Elena and flew down with her.

After a couple minutes, he came back up. "You leaving her down there?" I asked him and he nodded. 

"Rebekah will be here soon to keep an eye on her." He told me. "I think you should go get Jayden and be with him. I can't promise that my plan will work." 

"I don't think it's a good idea for me to die in front of him if whatever your plan is doesn't work." I told him. "He would be traumatized for the rest of his life."