Helping The Neko/Ch.4

Start from the beginning

As I continued to run, I was trying to think of where Lilith could be living.

When I was thinking of that, my eyes briefly caught the treeline of the forest and I suddenly halted to a stop as I remember what my first sighting of Lilith was. She had literally come out of the forest so chances are she would be living somewhere in there.

With the hope of where Lilith is in mind, I changed direction and began sprinting once again. I was starting to feel the heaviness of my legs due to all the running but I knew I couldn't stop now so through a few more seconds of pure will, I reached the treeline and then proceeded to immediately collapse behind a bush.

I didn't want to stay in one spot for too long but after a quick scan of the area that yielded no auras, I decided I could afford to catch my breath for a few moments.

After a few minutes, I had finally caught my breath before then quickly noticing the aura that was laying lightly throughout the entire forest.

I was really confused since it felt very similar to Lilith's aura in terms of raw strength but instead of being consuming and striking fear into my heart like it was back in the clubroom, it was calm and relaxing, almost seeming to give off a warming feeling.

Standing up and letting the warmth roll through me, I pinpoint where the aura seems to be coming from and set off once again into the forest.

It gets stronger the more I walk and before I know it, a simple yet well-maintained cabin comes into view.

'This is it' I think to myself nervously before stepping up to the door and giving it a few solid knocks.

///

Lilith POV

A pleasant warmth was drifting over my mind and radiating out all around me as my lips were practically being consumed by a certain fallen angel.

Let's go back a few minutes-

After Ophis was done talking to Raynare, she briefly said something about having to do research and then teleported away just as quickly. With her gone, I was now once again alone with Raynare; the said angel currently fidgeting quite a bit in place with a beet-red face to complete the picture.

I barely had a moment to question her behavior before she quickly walked over to me with a spring in her step and then pulled my lips flush to hers. I was shocked still for a moment before the intoxicating feel of her lips registered in my brain and I quickly started to return the kiss.

That led me to where I was now, 5 minutes later and still having my face sucked by the eager fallen angel. My body was starting to act up, and I feared that we would go much further than just kissing if she didn't stop soon.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

I internally and externally let out a sigh of relief at the convenient interruption that had Raynare pull away from the kiss.

'Wait, but who would be knocking on my door...?' I suddenly thought to myself with confusion

Now a little more hesitant, I gestured silently to Raynare, causing her to fall in behind me with a spear of light ready to be summoned, and began to approach the front door.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

The knocks came once again but this time after the third knock sounded, I grabbed the doorknob and pulled the door wide open.

My more alert attitude died as I saw it was just the cute white-haired girl from tomato's group of slaves. She looked positively nervous and afraid at that moment and seemed to be clutching an odd-looking journal to her chest. I stared her down for a few seconds longer but after not sensing any hostile intent, I stepped aside and gestured her to come in.