51. Looking for Love

Start from the beginning

Yeona looked away trying not to look at him, trying her best to not let her heart waver.

"Have some?" Tae broke the silence.

Yeona turned to look at Tae holding out the cookies to her.

"Thanks..." She said picking up one, nibbling onto it.

Tae placed the cookie box on her lap and stared at her intently.

"Why did you keep them here?"

"I bought them for you."

Yeona didn't say anything but concentrated on how to not look at the man beside her.

"Will you stop staring?" She said after a few minutes, without sparing him a glance.

"Do you hate me so much?" Tae said, sounding a dull.

"Huh?" Yeona was taken aback by his sudden choice of words.

"Do you hate me to the extent that you refuse to even look at me properly?"

Yeona hung her head low for a second before looking at Tae.

"Anni. I don't hate you. I just don't want any of us to get hurt again."

"No one will get hurt Yeona. Please trust me this one last time."

"I... I can't... I don't know what to do." Yeona said fumbling with the hem of her shirt.

"Please give me a chance. I'll prove my love for you."

"What if-"

"If you feel that I couldn't love you enough, you are free to push me away forever." Tae said with strong determination lining his voice.

"I need to go. Please." Yeona said holding back her tears.

Tae didn't stop her as she opened the door and walked out of the car.

******

It was past eight in the evening and Yeona had come back to visit Eunji. She was to replace Eunji's mom and stay with Eunji till she was asleep.

"Ye-jun you can take mom back home." Eunji said and Ye-jun took away their mom.

Yeona sat beside Eunji lost in her own thoughts when Eunji tapped her hand dragging her back to reality.

"Where are you lost?"

"Nowhere." She lied.

"Come one. You know you can't lie, not infront of me."

Yeona breathed heavily before mumbling Taehyung's name.

"What about him?"

Yeona told Eunji everything that had happened between them in the past two days and how Tae had asked her of one last chance.

"What do you want Yeona?"

"What do I want? I am not sure of that." Yeona chuckled sarcastically.

"Are you saying you are no more in lov-"

"Anni... I am still in love with him as much as I was after meeting him, rather more if possible. But I don't know what I should do. I will not be able to take another heartbreak from him." Yeona said as a light sob escaped her mouth.