Chapter 34.

JORDAN

As Roya's playlist that I listened to every damn day back in Toronto plays Mother Mother's Burning Pile and we vibe to it silently, I feel this emotional ache in my chest. A feeling, a pressure, a weight telling me that I'm not supposed to enjoy these moments. That I don't deserve them.

I look over at Denver, driving while his fingers drum to the melody and Roya who swings her head along the addicting rhythm of the song.

He'd be good for her.

I know I'll fuck up sooner or later and I know he'll be there for her, which gives me this slight sense of ease.

At least Roya won't be alone.

I shake my head mentally, getting rid of these negative thoughts and focus on the moments I can gather till they drift.

Suddenly, Zitti E Buoni by Måneskin starts playing when we stop at a red signal and Denver and I both turn in our seats to look at Roya. She's bobbing her head at the tune.

I have no idea how she manages to enjoy all the different genres in one go.

She feels eyes on her and looks at us. "What?" She asks, softly.

"This," I point to the music system of the car.

"Yeah?" She tilts her head a little, actually confused.

"It's Italian," Denver says, raising a brow.

"I know," Roya grins.

"Do you know Italian?" He asks a question I already know the answer to.

Without missing a beat Roya answers, "No."

I look at her in amusement while Denver tries to figure her out.

Roya explains, seeing we clearly want her to, "the tune is just fucking amazing and I searched the translation too so I know what the song's about," she shrugs.

"When did you add this to the list?" I ask, turning around as the light turns green.

"Like, last month?" She says, thinking.

It is a good song.

We reach Perverted Ice Cream soon and get out of the car. I open the door for Roya this time as Denver helps her out.

"You guys really divided duties," Roya's amused at this.

"We just talked about it and stuff, not really dividing them," Denver says.

We head inside and pick up the menu to order. Once we're done and order I take out my card to pay.

"No no no, you paid for food, dessert's on me," Denver steps in.

"I know we both aren't short of money, it doesn't really matter," I say, its not a big deal.

"It does, equals right?" He raises a brow, now taking his wallet out.

I know he won't let it go by his tone so I give up.

"Fine, your turn," I say raising my hands in surrender, smirking.

"Good," his own lips curl up.

"Damn you two look hotter when you get along," Roya mumbles and we turn to her, amused. Her eyes widen and I realize she didn't mean to say it out loud.

"Umm, the guy's waiting for you to pay," she says and looks towards the wall. We chuckle at her and finish paying, stepping aside to wait.

It's a small store, with only two small round tables inside for sitting but it's a popular one. People usually take their orders and walk the streets.