Chapter 10.

DENVER

Confused.

That's how I felt right now. 

Confused about that guy. Confused about what he did to Roya to make Ian and Jordan so angry. Confused about this bond forming between me and Roya. Confused about this bond that was already there between Roya and Jordan. Fucking confused about everything.

Roya was already asleep on Jordan's shoulder and the fact that I didn't feel jealous was also confusing. She looked at peace and that made me happy. This is so not how I've been with girls before. Anna was asleep on Ian's shoulder in the backseat. When it was time for Jordan to get off, he gently laid Roya's head on my shoulder and for the first time he acknowledged me with a gentle look and nodded his head. I did the same. Roya. She melted us. We were no longer cold towards each other. She doesn't even have an idea about it and still, she made us warm.

Yeah, confused.

We dropped Tyler next, he smirked at me before getting of the car and then when we reached our last stop Ian tapped me on the shoulder from the back. I turned my face slightly so that Roya didn't wake up from my movement but still letting Ian know that I was listening.

"Hey, I'm gonna carry Anna, can you help with Roya?" I nodded. Of course I can.

"She's a light sleeper, be careful." Ian said and I smiled in return nodding again. Ian cared about Roya, probably more than a real brother would.

I opened the door as silently as possible and picked Roya up not moving her head too much but moving her legs in my lap. I caught sight of Dave eying me from the rear mirror. Why is everyone so protective when it comes to her? I then moved out of the car without waking her up and started towards the elevator. A young security guard eyed me in the lobby but I shook it off. They live on the 7th floor and so when I reached there, I walked towards the only open apartment door. Ian motioned towards the room which belonged to Roya I guess and I laid her on the bed, covering her with a blanket and then sitting next to her not wanting to leave.

That's when I took her room in. Organized but messy. Like it was supposed to be that way. An organized mess. She had small fake plants on her white study table along with some books and laptop. A wall with polaroids that I couldn't really make out in the dark. A vanity that had a lot of stuff but organized. I was about to get up when I realized Roya was holding my sleeve and my movement caused her to wake up.

She looked around and then at me. She relaxed. I let out my breath that I was holding in and smiled.

"Goodnight Roya." I whispered.

"Goodnight Denver." She pulled me in and kissed my cheek.

I got up and headed out after saying goodbye to Ian. When I reached the elevator I had the biggest smile on my face.

Fucking whipped.

Denver eyed me when I took the passenger seat next to him.

"You okay?" He asks backing out of the parking lot.

"Yup." I answer looking out.

He scoffs and I couldn't care less.

"Don't you think you guys were getting too close to her at dinner?" Dave says in the middle of the ride.

"Yeah, I think." I agree.

"Wait, what do you mean you guys?" I ask.

"Jordan and you. Both of you." He says in his monotone voice.

"Oh, yeah I noticed that too. I don't know what's this. I just know she's different and that it feels right." I confess.

"Whoa there. Den getting serious. Thought I'd never see the day." Dave smiles.

My turn to scoff.

"She is different, I agree. You know at the beach she told me she loves pepperoni pizza when we went to order and she ordered 2 slices for herself. Then Sasha said she loved it too but those were the last 2 slices of the batch so she quickly switched to cheese. Its little things like these that makes me respect a person. She could've been a bitch and kept the order since she was ahead but she didn't. She's selfless. There are not many of those people left around." Dave sighs.

"I had no idea." I say, thinking about how my first meeting with her went. How she wanted to make sure I reached the correct destination. I smile at the memory.

"She's always happy you know? She smiles a lot." Dave frowns. He is good at reading people. When he's not enjoying or drinking or playing, he notices the crowd around himself and reads people.

"Why do you sound like its a bad thing?" I question confused.

"She's hurt. Most of the times her smile reaches her eyes but that's because she has learnt how to do it. She's not happy but she knows how to pretend." He sighs.

"What are you a mind reader?" I question amused by his skills.

"Something like that." He grins looking at me and then ahead.

We reach home and head to our rooms. 

Dave is right, she does smile a lot, but it looks real. Like she is actually happy. All I know for sure right now is that I want to keep her as close to me as possible.

A couple days go by and then we get an invite to Ian's apartment. Roya is making dinner and she wanted us all to be there. Just us few people. Well who'll be crazy enough to say no to that.