Chapter 28.

DENVER

Once we all ate Roya changed into Jordan's shorts and t-shirt. We were all on the couch, trying to find something to watch on Netflix when I saw Roya and Jordan eyeing each other. They were trying to talk. 

Jordan's eyes were hard and his head was tilted towards me while Roya had a frown on her face. 

"Denver?" she turned to me.

"Hm?" I asked, still surfing through Netflix. 

"I wanted to talk to you," she says, looking away.

"Are we breaking up?" I try to lighten up the mood and she smacks my chest earning a laugh from Jordan. 

"Not funny," she tells him.

"I'm all ears, Roya," I tell her.

"I'll be inside, I need to call home," Jordan says, getting up.

Once he's gone, Roya turns to me, sitting cross legged on the couch. I mirror her position, giving her my full attention. 

"So," she starts and I nod. 

"Umm okay," she thinks about it, her hands playing with each other, telling me she's anxious. I hold them for her and squeeze. 

"You can tell me whatever you want, whenever you want. I don't care if it's the fact that you figured out your favorite Ice cream flavor is Strawberry and you call me in the middle of the night to tell me. I want to know," I rub circles on the back of her hands.

She smiles at me. Not the smile she gives everyone. This is the smile she gives us. As if she can't help but melt. It's a pure feeling and it makes want to make her smile more. 

"Okay," she starts, nodding at herself. 

"So, I wanted to tell you about the night of my birthday when I can back in the room and you both clearly knew I was crying because of reasons that I didn't tell anyone," she says and looks up at me, even though my shoulders went tense at her statement, I don't show it.

"My dad had called me and he said that- he told me that him and my mom are separating," she's looking at my hands. 

When I don't say anything, she continues, "I just wanted you to know because I don't want to keep things from you guys."

"Roya.." she's still not looking at me.

God, can't she just look up- my thoughts stop when a teardrop lands on my hand. 

Fuck.

"Babe.." I hold her by the waist and make her straddle me.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" I mumble in her hair. 

She sniffles, nodding. I move her legs to be around me, it's like she has no energy left, she's just numb. Making her comfortable, I rub one hand on her back, under her t-shirt and the other over her hair. 

"I'm-" she stops to gather herself. 

"Take your time babe," I tell her. 

"I'm sorry, it's just that I explained Jordan the same and it's just difficult," she says and it breaks my heart that she has to go through this twice. 

Once she has told me everything, I hold her tighter and Dave's words repeat in my head. He talked about how we don't know real pain and I guess I get him now. 

"Roya, you know we're here for you and no matter what happens you can always come to us, we're family too," I tell her, kissing her head as she silently cries. 

I don't like seeing her cry.

I hear the bedroom door opening and soon Jordan joins us on the couch, sitting behind Roya. He looks at me and tilts his head back in a way of asking me how's it going and I shake my head. He nods and shifts closer, moving his arms around Roya's waist and placing his head on her back as I move my hand that was on her back, to her leg. 

"Your mom and dad told my parents today," Jordan says to Roya and she tenses up. 

"They're really doing it," she chokes a laugh but we know she's just hurting. 

"Do you think it's my fault," she says in a whisper making the both of us move back and look at her.

"I mean it makes sense right?" she continues, "If I hadn't moved and was still there, maybe I could've helped them. Maybe me being their would've stopped them from growing apart because that's how it was earlier. I would always resolve their fights and if I was there I could've stooped this," she looks at me, tears running down her face and my heart breaks. 

"They just don't love me enough anymore to stay together for me. That's what always happens right? People love me and when they figure out the real me, they just stop," she's letting everything out, and I know that stupid ex of hers has a part in this too. 

"Roya," I wipe her tears, "Don't. Ever. Say that. Again."

"I-"

"We love you," Jordan cuts her off, making her widen her eyes. 

"We do, and I'm not saying this because you're crying about something that hurts you. I'm saying this because it's true," he tells her, his arms still around her. 

"I love you," he finishes his statement. 

"And I love you," I look her in the eyes. 

"We're never leaving Roya. Break our hearts, play with the, crush them, but we're never leaving," I say. 

More tears fall out of her eyes and she squeezes me in a hug. 

"I love you," she says in her cracked voice, "both of you."

"I don't care if it looks like I'm jumping in early or if loving two people at a time is wrong, but I do and I can't stop," she tells us. 

I know she loves us and that when she loves, she loves with her everything. I know it's hard for her but she's letting us in and god I love her for that. 

"I'm going to tell Ian you're staying here today," Jordan says and Roya nods on my chest. 

"And you're going to call your mom today," he says, his voice more stern this time. 

"Okay," Roya sighs. 

"I have work tomorrow," she tells us.

"I'll drop you off," I offer.

"And it's cookie dough," she says. 

I move back, looking at her in confusion. 

"My favorite Ice cream flavor," she smiles with her glossy eyes.

"If we're being specific, I love ben and jerry's half baked," her smiles widen at her own mention of this and I smile. 

"I'll remember that," I tell her.

I love her so fucking much. 

---

A/N:

Hey, just a short chapter. 

I always wanted their first 'I love you' to be a 'we love you' and there you guys have it. It's just pure in its own way. 

Love,

The Author