CHAPTER 16

Inside the lab, Mr Roboman was double checking on the core of RED, the ability that Infinity has told the general about. The shiny circle object is being surrounded by the energy of RED, a powerful virus that empowered the doctor. While the origin of RED is unknown, what is known is that Roboman found the virus decades ago. He was waiting for the general to come and gain the power of that virus, it has been 30 minutes and no response from him left.

During his free time, he tries to get in contact with Fang and Blade-Blast, it keeps telling him no connection, repeating the same message, he would assume they are lost during their flight. It doesn't concern him at all, he predicted they would act like idiots.

All those experiments on the creatures and the humans were almost completed, almost successful. Checking the number of his army currently. That is when the general enters the lab, hearing heavy footsteps from the robot, getting closer and closer to the core, the doctor stops him from just a glare.

"Well look who just comes in and says nothing. How disrespectful." Mr. Roboman badgered.

"With all due respect doc, I don't have time, I must gain this power to grow stronger. I must succeed!" exploded General Gunnolf.

"I am well aware that Infinity has informed me about it. I must say, you are lucky you are alive and not punished for your failures."

"You have been punished before for your failures?"

He nodded. The general looked at the core of RED, that must be the power Infinity has told him about, he never seen anything like it before. He can feel the pressure of RED, it's like it was calling for him from his point of view.

"I must warn you, if your body is durable enough to handle the power of RED, the powerful virus will decide your fate whenever you're worthy or not. No human can withstand the existence of this virus. I wish you the best of luck, if you manage to survive of course."

While he couldn't tell the doctor was being genuine, it was difficult for him but he doesn't have time for that. He gets close to the core of RED, the doctor commands the system of his lab on a lockdown, activating the shield that surrounds his body. He thinks he is ready to get this new power, he must act fast before he has any doubts.

The general grab hold of the core of RED, the power surge of this virus begins to overwhelm him all of a sudden, he can feel the pain of this virus. He went down with one knee while holding to the core, his robotic body started to change from this virus, the doctor was quite surprised he is still standing on one knee. Still holding on to it, he still had enough strength to stand up, he started to scream from this power as it got worse, it started to affect his organs from the inside. He couldn't do this, as he let go and fell down to the ground, he began to lose consciousness. The doctor checked on him, his entire system if he's dead, to his surprise, it was not what he expected.

"That's.. that's impossible. He took 30% of RED, gotta hand it to him, he got guts." Roboman remarked.

His lab went back online from that, he uses his telekinesis to lift up the general to place him on a resting bed not so far away. Once he's awake, he'll ask him a few questions after that happens, to his assumptions, he can still fight with what he has gained but doesn't have the full strength of RED.

"Is the general okay?"

He sees Fang and Blade-Blast made it out alive, only a few injuries from their mission to get Hydra. Blade-Blast looked away in disappointment, the doc could tell what happened between the two.

"You two.. I could assume you didn't capture Hydra."

Fang and Blade-Blast looked at each other in a nervous mood, waiting for who would answer his question. "Unfortunately, we didn't. His storm was in the way while fighting Godzilla, we couldn't capture him without having Godzilla involved." Blade-Blast explained.