CHAPTER 12

From William Herschel's note:

I have made a mistake I shouldn't have done. This place is about to blow, we are evacuating everyone out of the building immediately. I am... so-sorry, I never get the chance to completely finish my research. Failure is acceptable in humanity, and I shall accept that failure, for the honor of my family.

~William's journal (1999 - 2007)

In Earth-1512, a lot of damage was in town square, still fixing the destroyed buildings and rebuilding the place. It made matters worse, the weather was in a bad condition, pouring rain all day, with thunderstorms. They had to rebuild it despite the weather, it was a rough day for them. Under the ground of the forest, the base was now completed from all those hard-working the Xukies has put in, most of the weapons were almost done and the vehicles were completed yesterday. The general managed to get in the base, he was being held in his room, he wanted his alone time.

General Gunnolf has failed to capture Earth-314 Flame, as much as he remembered, he succeeded in dividing Team RWBY and the other heroes weeks ago, but ever since his defeat from Bill. This was his third time where he failed on a mission, as a general, it wasn't very easy for him to hold that title. He finds it unbelievable, he can't lose his title and his pride, he needs to act quickly before the heroes succeed. Looking at the cracked mirror, shattered, reminded him of his pride where he lost his family and his entire race. While no expression can be seen on the machine's face, his action shows otherwise, but he decided to keep his cool and asked one of the Xukies Commander a deal.

Walking his way to the patrol center while the Xukies succeeded in having the Space Stone. It was about to be sent to the doctor until the general approached, in such intimidation, General Gunnolf was glad that the Space Stone was captured. He was going to have a talk with B78, one of the commanders of the Xukies army. They were continuing their usual duties, B78 sees the general is approaching him.

"Ah, B78. I see you and the others managed to get the Space Stone without my help." complimented General Gunnolf. B78 couldn't help but scratch the back of his head and chuckle from the general complement.

"Yes sir, we succeeded in getting that. Took us 17 hours after you left, we tried to communicate with you about the news but we waited until you responded back," assured B78.

"You prove your worth as a commander, I am glad the right choice was made for you. Now, I wanna ask you something, B78."

"What is it, sir?"

"I need a meeting with the lord."

It stood silent for a while, what was he thinking? B78 doesn't get why the general asked him that question, he was shaking, he was lost at words. He stares at the general in disbelief, no one can have a meeting with the Lord; God of Infinity, during this time. General Gunnolf can sense the emotion B78 is feeling.

"What for sir?"

"I need to tell him the message, a request. If he doesn't see the other Flame in his hands, my head will be beheaded, I won't make the same mistake again. This time, I won't screw it up." Still trying not to get too enraged, B78 tries to proceed with the information he just received from the general. It was at this moment, there's no turning back if he lies about it, there's a rule in this army. That rule he shall not betray or ignore. As the general was waiting for the answer, the commander gulped, shaking not much, and remained calm, to be honest to the general.

"Sir, I don't think it's possible to have a short meeting with him. You'll have to wait a few hours, I'll message the lord himself for a brief meeting."

"I understand that, commander. Very wise of you." With that said, General Gunnolf walks away. B78 sigh in regrets, he went to the control center on one of the computers and communicate with the lord. Powering up the machine, he started to think to himself why the general would have a meeting with Infinity, it wasn't well explained in his point of view. The rest of the Xukies were curious about what General Gunnolf had in mind in his meeting.