CHAPTER 8

Today it was sunset in Grag Rog's base, Future Flame was eating his chill dog with just one arm. His robotic arms need recharging, it was a rough day for him and he needed to stay away from the politics that is happening recently today. Future Flame finished his chill dog and walked around a bit, nobody was in Rog's base, only Future Flame, Nion, and Lucina were there, they didn't want to get involved in politics.

While he was walking, he can see Lucina is upstairs of the base, Future Flame thought he would need some more communications to make a bond. The hedgehog uses his speed to zip upstairs in a second, he can see Lucina is sitting on the couch, relaxing for today. Future Flame notices the room is not girly, he never thought her room would be this neat and clean.

"Hi, Lucina." Future Flame greeted.

"Oh hey Flame, I can see you're not getting into the whole election that is happening in Mantle." Lucina remarked.

"I am no big fan of politics, no thank you." Lucina notices Future Flame's robotic arm is missing, he sees Lucina's looking to his left side and chuckles.

"Don't worry about it, it's charging. My robotic arms require more energy from a single Chaos Emerald or any machine that can charge my arm with Chaos Energy."

"Oh that's interesting, still don't get about Chaos Energy."

"That will be for another day, Lucina."

During the past months and weeks, Lucina has many questions about herself: Is she ready to face a stronger foe? Ever since she faced Roboman in Blood Hell World, she couldn't forget the fact she was no match against him and needed Future Flame help to beat Roboman. To this day, she wanted to ask Future Flame if she's strong enough to face a force like Roboman, but didn't have the chance to ask him. This is the chance for her to ask him.

Lucina asks, "F-Flame, do you think I'm strong enough to face a stronger foe?"

Future Flame wasn't expecting Lucina to ask that kind of question, he gets what she's asking but at this time, wasn't expecting it.

"Do you think I'm a strong hero? W-What kind of ruler I would be if I am not strong enough to defend my people? Am I-"

"Yes, you are."

Lucina stopped, he answered, it went silent when Future Flame answered her question. She begins to tear up to her eyes, does Future Flame really mean it.

"What makes you say that? I can't be as strong as you or your friends, I don't have the strength to be like you! I'm just a woman who holds the sword to look brave!" Lucina bewailed. She just broke down, Future Flame just stood there and just listened.

"I can't be a ruler if I'm not strong to save the people that believe in me! What reason do you have to think I am strong enough!?"

Lucina put her hands to her face and just sobbed, Future Flame has never seen Lucina break down like this at all. This is what Lucina has been hiding, he can relate to him when it comes to this. Future Flame takes Lucina's hands off her face and looks directly at her with a brave smile as Lucina is surprised by this.

"Never, think of that Lucina. You are strong, you have the potential to be my level. When I was young, I always wanted to be the heroes from the comics I've read, but deep down, it's not easy. It requires tons of training, not physically, but the mind and spirit as well. My father once told me in order to be strong, you need to allow yourself to be weak in order to grow strong."

Future Flame stated. When Lucina first heard that, she had no clue what he meant by that. "What do you mean by that?"

"That's, for you to discover, Lucina. I learned that lesson through experience. When you have too many thoughts in your mind, it becomes a weakness, eliminates all distractions from your sight, and you become the hero you always wanted to be."