𝐪 𝐮 𝐢 𝐧 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐭 𝐮 𝐨 𝐫

Start from the beginning

"Wow." Alissa raised her eyebrows, getting away from them.

"Well..." Flavio muttered as he looked around then spotted the small glass table. "I'll leave your coffee's here, see you guys tomorrow morning." Flavio's voice was dull, no energy in it as he placed the coffee's down.

"Goodnight." I bent down to give Dominic a quick hug, his arms gently around my waist.

We gave each other a quick kiss on the cheek before I pulled away. "Goodnight, amore." Ugh, fuck my heart for messing with my feelings.

I just went from hating this man yesterday to now kissing his cheek and saying goodnight.

I didn't look back, grabbing my keys for the villa. I hope everyone's still awake, I want dinner. Hospital food for two days was just not cutting it.

"Here." Flavio handed me my coffee before grabbing his own as I walked towards the door.

"Goodnight, guys." I called out receiving a 'goodnight' back from everyone, Cesar singing it like some opera woman like the child he is.

"Sir, this is a hospital." One of the nurses popped her head out and we all laughed, me and Flavio exiting the hallway already as I pressed the button for the elevator.

It was quiet soon, it didn't take long for it to seep in. The awkwardness high and it has never been like this between us before, even if we were quiet like this.

I heard him take in a deep breath, the doors opening soon and he let me go in first. Stepping in, coincidently, we both reached for the ground floor button, our hands touching and I instantly jerked away.

Fuck.

What the fuck.

Ugh.

He realised, I mean, he had the same reaction except mine was way more subtle. Great, now he can't even touch me. What the hell happened to us?

I just want my best friend back man.

The journey to the car, we stayed apart, not a word been spoken. He unlocked his car, getting into the passanger seat, I put my seatbelt on.

Five minutes in; light music in the back, not looking at each other and just admiring the city view. Milan is beautiful.

Suddenly, Flavio dug into his pockets, pulling out a cigarette pack, hastily opening it as he took one out and popped it into his mouth. Once we stopped at the traffic light, he grabbed his lighter, lighting his cigarette and dashed the lighter to the side.

His smoking is getting worse. I cracked the window open a little once he blew out the first puff of smoke.

I sat there comfortably yet awkwardly. Out of nowhere, I saw his hand in front of my face, the cigarette in his hand.

Ah, hell, why not.

Grabbing it, without looking at him, I popped the cancer stick in my mouth, inhaling it. I felt the smoke trickle into my lungs as I looked out the window, handing back the stick to him.

Keeping the smoke in my lungs for a bit longer, until I felt satisfied with it, I slowly blew it out, watching the smoke fill my side of the car. Soon, Flavio smoking too, again.

The car ride was quick, ten minutes or so. Thank God that was over with quick.

Once Flavio parked in front of the house, I hopped out. Rushing inside, Flavio still doing something inside, I left the door open for him.

"Hey, Mar," Alec smiled at me, everyone lying around in the living room.

"Hey." I muttered dropping my keys in the small bowl where everyone puts their keys.