LIX

the bunch reached the portal quickly, thanks to junhui's speed. everyone had entered into it, and junhui was about to remove the portal, until—

"YOU!" the goddess of music and sound yelled, her form closest to a monster. jisoo felt offended, because she pointed at him. "ALL OF YOU! TRAITORS! YOU THINK YOU CAN OUTRUN ME?!"

junhui told the other asylusians in the planet to run away, in case she gets uncontrollable. jisoo then stood up to the dangerous goddess.

"yes, we do." jisoo answered bravely, huffing. "why do you even do this anyway?!"

"to become the goddess supreme! it's unfair how i only get to be the goddess of something petty, while—"

"it's petty because you believe it is." jisoo replied, crossing his arms. "get away. don't take any steps closer."

"it—"

"GET AWAY!"

minghao pulled jisoo away, as seungcheol's explosive ohrian energy bursted out of his right eye, again. jisoo's eyes widened, when he then realized—that jeonghan pressed his own core on seungcheol's berserk button; the mark on his nape.

the reaction was explosive, but it was not enough to kill a goddess with six cores. that's when wonwoo decided to help.

the god of luck summoned both of his cores, pressing it against seungcheol's marking along with jeonghan—making the immortal scream because of the energy overloading. jisoo wanted to reach out and help—but he stops.

after a minute, their sworn enemy, kaehee—has reduced into ashes.

at what cost?