XXXVI

the three losers (just kidding, jisoo meant lovers) who are currently celebrating their fourteenth hour together were sat on jisoo's bedroom floor, eating a microwaved popcorn. jisoo was searching through movies on netflix, while the two just ate and observed jisoo.

"we are together for fourteen hours and 38 minutes." jeonghan blurts out. jisoo laughed, he's been counting too, huh? it would be nice to think of jeonghan being a jisoo simp.

(for some reason, jisoo thought of himself being a shrimp.)

"dear little human," seungcheol suddenly says, placing a heavy hand on top of jisoo's hand. jisoo froze, just like the innocent little fucking boy he is. "you're smart. do you think we'll win?"

i am winning right now, jisoo wanted to say. because what the fuck—okay, this is supposed to be a tear jerking, touching scene, but seungcheol called him 'dear little human'! cqn you forgive it this time?! jisoo's experiencing his firsts, and it had to be at the worst timing possible. does wonwoo not want to bless jisoo with his luck?!

(who'd want to receive anything from that weird guy, anyway. he wears mismatched crocs.)

"i think the possibility of us winning is slim." jisoo states, but when he sees jeonghan and seungcheol's mood turn sully, he frantically continued speaking. "but! b-but, if we have a nice plan, we're going to win!"

"do not sugarcoat it further, dear doll." jeonghan chuckled, stealing a popcorn from seungcheol's hands. "i've got 4,987,532 years that i had lived. two million of those, i suppose, are lived with my greatest love, seungcheol. it's truly alright if it's my time to go. i lived a great life, and loved people i want to love. at the least, i fulfilled my duty for asylus. whether they accept me or not."

seungcheol and jisoo were offended for different reasons. the immortal was angry about his popcorn getting stolen, and jisoo was offended for not getting a special shout-out in jeonghan's mini speech.

"what?! what about me? we've only lived for weeks together, hannie, so i am not relevant?ouch." jisoo pouted, furiously tapping on random movies on his television. jeonghan laughed, guilty.

"no, no, dear doll! you are as relevant to me as seungcheol is. what i meant to say was that i'm glad that i lived a life full of love and fulfillment." jeonghan says, sharing glances with the two. "you two are truly amazing. you taught the god of beauty what beauty truly is."

"living a life full of love, my dear," seungcheol corrected jeonghan, attention now diverted to jisoo's veiny hands. (work outs are not in vain.) "we've got one month left to live together. screw the plan, screw whatever the outcome of your battle may be. we need to spend this together, in the best way possible."

jisoo smiled, nodding in agreement. jeonghan smiled brightly as well, huddling them closer to him so they could have a quick hug. jisoo wonders what jeonghan had in him that he could accept death so easily, when it is not certain. (his death most certain, though.)

jisoo knew that his disgusting little fanfic he calls a novel will end soon.

"oh! let's watch howl's moving castle!" jisoo exclaimed, clicking on it when it caught his eye. "i bet all of chan's stuff that jeonghan will cry."

"doll!"

"well, i bet myself that little human is going to cry too!"

"if you lose, cheol, i'm selling you to loan sharks."

"you call this a band?!" wonwoo spat in disgust, offending all parties that were called out. "i thought i would hear heavenly sounds."

"what do you mean?! it is heavenly! better compared to kaehee's default alarm tone music!" junhui threw a pillow at wonwoo, which his three boyfriends mirrored. wonwoo must've walked in into a pyramid scheme lobby with an awful band playing. "you're on her side, are you?!"