XLIV

a demigod and a god sat on the rooftop.

legs dangling on the edge, cold night breeze kissing their skin. the battered former had to stand a little further from the god of luck, lessening his chances of getting hit again.

"that was quite a confession." said wonwoo, crossing his arms. he refused to look at his companion, looking far away into the horizon. "thank you, for letting us know your origin. but i fear that we... do not really know what to do with that information."

"yeah, i figured. you're not a sappy one, anyway." mingyu winced at wonwoo's words, swinging his legs back and forth. he wonders if he should just jump here and now. "you can do it now, you know."

"do what?"

"kill me."

"i can't; not here."

"nobody will see, anyway." mingyu sighed. he was about to joke about kaehee seeing them, but decided not to. "or do you want to keep me to see seokmin?"

wonwoo chuckled, a small smile showing up on his face. "perhaps. one good look wouldn't hurt. at least one that doesn't make me look like i'm murdering him."

mingyu gets constantly reminded of his wrongdoings, which only make him hate himself more. he thought it was going to work. he thought it was going to make kaehee favor him more, but still, nobody wants him.

"sorry 'bout that. i'm just... i don't know, mentally ill or something," mingyu bit his lip, silently wincing when he realized that he busted it earlier. "would you want to see him again?"

at that, the god of luck laughed quietly, which beckoned mingyu's gaze to the latter. the battered demigod knew how bad he looked; much more when he tries to smile—but he smiled anyway, because he felt happy.

"you're exploiting your shapeshifting ability now, huh?"

"what?! i was literally asking you to kill me seconds ago! i'm not trying to persuade you into letting me live! this might be the last time i can show him to you, before you meet him in the beyond again!" mingyu complained, shooting wonwoo a confused look. wonwoo sighed.

"fine then."

"which outfit?"

wonwoo shot mingyu an unimpressed look, which made mingyu burst out laughing. the demigod tries to justify himself. "well—there's the battle form with the markings and stuff, the special occassions one, the—"

"i want to see him, not his outfit, dumbass." wonwoo says. mingyu chuckled, carefully standing up from the ledge. "ready?"

wonwoo shrugged. "ready when you are."

the demigod changes his form in a snap. his clothes were changed onto what seemed like what seokmin would wear; the monotonous and dead colors was his quirk—even though it was rather an atrocity. the red, flower-scented scarf was included too, which wonwoo hadn't seen in a while.

mingyu smiles. to wonwoo, it appears as if mingyu is seokmin, smiling like a painfully innocent being. it hurts wonwoo, to be honest.

"are we going to kiss now or what?"

"in your dreams." wonwoo states. a beat of silence, and then wonwoo speaks. "now go."

"you don't want to see him a little bit longer?"

"no."

"you sure you won't forget his face?"

wonwoo paused, taking one good look at seokmin's face. his beauty marks, the hue of his brown eyes, his unique high ponytail and his curly hazel hair. wonwoo takes quite a while to memorize seokmin's smile. if it was possible, he'd engrave it in his mind to not forget it forever.