XVI

at first, it was charming to jisoo. how jeonghan stole his first and second kiss, and how he felt jealous towards seungcheol being romantic towards the writer.

but, the longer he procrastinates on his work and thinks about it, jisoo feels like... uh, that's messed up?

are they having a, what—like a contest on who jisoo would love first? on who jisoo would prefer? like they were his parents or something. should jisoo now say 'goo goo ga ga', since he's being treated like a baby and since he's being so naïve?

jisoo genuinely thought the two are fond of him. jisoo doesn't like assuming things, but that was how it appeared to him! what can a dumb, naïve writer do but analyze people as if they were characters?!

don't tell jisoo he's being unreasonable. let him ask you: if someone, a complete stranger, enters your abode, would you let them live with you for no reason? would you say, 'let's live with him for a few days to see if he's trustworthy' when you're the god of beauty who's insecure about your own fucking appearance?! jisoo would only trust his lover to see his own face, then!

calm down. jeonghan's insecurity is not something to mock. jisoo, stop!

but how can jisoo stop? he feels so betrayed! just when he thought he was going to love someone—some people for the first time, jisoo realizes how he's being just dumb the whole time. aside from jeonghan, did you even notice how seungcheol was being so suspicious? he hates jisoo one second, and he's being gentlemanly the next!

this hurts, actually. jisoo trusted them. they were the ones who were untrustworthy after all, which is so ironic.

if they were going to have a contest on who's more charming, they should've just said so! that way, jisoo wouldn't have smiled like an idiot for a week! he wouldn't have written the stupid story book! jisoo would've known that he should put a barrier between himself and the two immortals, so that when a time like this comes, he wouldn't be hurt like he is right now!

maybe i'm overthinking, jisoo thought, but no.

jisoo really feels like the two are just messing with him. they haven't had fun in a while, and with all those pesky neighbors, they'd like for someone to pick on, right? especially jeonghan. he looks so happy and cheerful, but what—would you kiss a total stranger? you only would if there's a reward for it, right?

hey! people in wattpad also kiss random people because of a bet! that's very close to jisoo's situation right now!

fuck.

it all feels so ridiculous now. the umbrella. the food. the sense of familiarity. the kisses. the baths. the clothes. the story of asylus. the immortals. doll. little human.

jisoo angrily picks his phone up, deciding his final verdict within seconds. he dials chan's number.

honestly, though, even if they were just messing with him or not, it was always better to leave before something escalates to something more. if everything were true, would they even love jisoo? psh. seungcheol will probably behead him if he loved jeonghan, and jeonghan will probably laugh at jisoo like he was a joke if he loved seungcheol.

"hello, gramps?" chan answered. what—is that the sound of the faulty hand mixer in the background?!

"can you drive me home? i'll send you the address of the hotel i'm staying on." jisoo replied, not having the energy to reprimand chan about the hand mixer that busted an outlet before.

"your car is with you! did you forget, gramps?!" chan laughs, and it goes silent suddenly. it seems like he turned off the hand mixer now. "oh... did something happen?"

"yeah, i just think i can't drive home alone right now," jisoo bit his lip. please agree. "it's pretty late, though, so—"

"GREAT! i'm finally gonna get to drive your expensive ass car!" chan exclaimed, making jisoo smile a little. "wait for me, hyung. let's grab fries on the way home. sounds like someone's going to cry later!"

jisoo laughed, hanging up.

yeah. sounds like someone is definitely going to cry.

at about 2:13 am, jisoo finally snuck out of the huge ass cottage jeonghan and seungcheol owned. it was quite a pain in the ass, because the front doors were heavy and creaky, and jisoo was afraid they'd wake up because of the sounds. but, thankfully, they didn't.

(jisoo was sure he felt someone staring at his back when he was running across the front lawn, though.)

jisoo had his luggage back and checked out of the hotel he didn't even stay in at 2:30 am, sitting out at a bench as he waits for chan to arrive. his car was parked near him, luggage already stuffed inside.

jisoo still had the leather notebook he wrote his novel clutched to his chest. out in the cold, the only thing he could hug for warmth is the object which accompanied him all throughout this crazy little expedition.

some mistakes get made, jisoo thought to himself. he was either talking about leaving the two immortals, or ever meeting them. jisoo wishes to live with no regrets like seungcheol, and he convinces himself that this is for the best. so that he won't regret anything else soon.

or will i regret that i chickened out as soon as it started?

anyway.

jisoo didn't leave any trace of himself in that damn house, wanting himself to forget them and them to forget he ever was there, too. jisoo acts quick, and smart. a pat on the back for that!

are you really acting quick, or are you just acting temerariously?

"hey, gramps!" a taxi wooshed past jisoo, and when he looks up, there was his cousin, who had bags under his eyes. he didn't sleep again, didn't he?! "come on! i want to drive at full speed using your goddamn car! let's go! let's go!"

jisoo laughed, throwing the car keys to chan's face. "you act like a child, you fucking trash producer."

"excuse you. did you even take a look at your own novels?! who's a trash producer now?!" chan jested, running off farther from jisoo to avoid getting his head knocked. poor him, because jisoo still got to kick his shin. "ow! i'm going to drive, you know! i can't drive with a foot injury!"

"fuck you, stop overreacting. let's go." jisoo states, chuckling. he gives one last look towards the direction of jeonghan and seungcheol's house, seeing its roof faintly behind clouds.

goodbye.

(a/n: ....oops)