XLV

(a/n: HWAGWAHWAHWHAW)

"get your clown ass back here!" mingyu shouts, trying to catch up with wonwoo. well, who would've thought that wonwoo could fucking fly? not mingyu, for sure. now he got a flying clown he's trying to chase. "i'm still not in top condition!"

wonwoo huffed, turning around. "we are working right now, mingyu. do not whine. run if you can't catch up."

"i—i'm not a god like you, o mighty jeon wonwoo! ya'll treated me like a punching bag and you expect me to be in top shape the next day?! when i said break my back, i didn't mean it this way!" mingyu yells, unimpressed.

cores give gods extraordinary strength, evident even when severely hurt. it's a feature junhui added in because he kept on getting hurt and tired while catching boars. and oh, it's useful for wars, too. (wink.)

(he treats the world like a huge experiment, eh?)

well, mingyu only has half a core. half the strength, too.

wonwoo rolled his eyes, floating down to walk side by side with mingyu. "you said you're only going to tag along, but you're being a real pain in the ass now, mingyu."

"haha the only pain in the ass i want to cause is—"

"enough of that!" wonwoo snaps, angrily taking mingyu's arm. what a romantic. "we're going to work now. i'm doing you a favor, so unless you want to have your head off, keep quiet."

mingyu disregarded the tingles he felt when wonwoo's skin touched his bruised own. he depends half of his weight on wonwoo, slowing him down. the god scoffed. mingyu figured that it was too awkward, so he starts small talk.

"what exactly does a god of luck do?" mingyu asked, placing a fist before wonwoo's lips, pretending like he was interviewing the god. "mister bag of luck?"

"i hear prayers for good luck, and i grant it." said wonwoo, slapping away mingyu's fist. "you are only allowed to put a hand in front of my lips if we're in a bedroom."

mingyu laughed. (was it not a joke?) "oooooh! flirty!"

"shut up. we are in working hours."

"we're going to grant a prayer?"

"yes."

"so what if someone asks for them to be suddenly beautiful? is it jeonghan's job then?"

wonwoo shot mingyu a look, which mingyu pursed his lips to. "i do not exactly understand what beautiful defines—but jeonghan doesn't do that. jeonghan makes the nature flourish, the flowers bloom, make people believe in themselves or something. as for love.. well, he curses people who think love is a mere joke."

"he cursed you, right?" mingyu inquired, shooting wonwoo a curious look. when he gets no response, mingyu pursed his lips once again. "right. well, that was kinda insensitive and i'm sorry."

"no need." wonwoo waved him off. "but yes. that's what he does. protect love, basically. he hadn't been doing his job since he left asylus. he says he thinks he doesn't deserve the title,"

"well, sad."

hmm. mingyu had been out of asylus for too long. living on the human world has its perks, but the cons are being unable to keep up with everything happening in asylus, and constantly checking up on jeonghan and seungcheol for millions of years.

yes, the human world is beautiful in its own perspectives, but what the fuck, asylus is just beautiful everywhere. the woods, the lakes, the castle, the houses, the city—the everything! mingyu can burn down a whole forest there and it'd grow back.